Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See what happens when Darksiders meet?

+9
jedishon
kermit
nodakbassmaster
wayne
Badmoon
Toasted_311
twin1300
Muntz
cerooth
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

See what happens when Darksiders meet? Empty See what happens when Darksiders meet?

Post  cerooth Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:20 pm

On the day most headed up to Mt Ida for the rally, the VTXOA crashed and burned, trouble with the Texas X Riders forum as well. A severe thunderstorm crosses the nation as we all start to gather. Now an earthquake hits in the heartland on the first day of the rally. Man, when the Darksider's get together, they don't fool around. Gotta wonder what else will happen, fuel prices going down, Bin Ladden is found in a nursing home, reality shows are about reality and not scripted material, what is this world coming to?
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

See what happens when Darksiders meet? Empty Re: See what happens when Darksiders meet?

Post  Muntz Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:12 pm

I dunno but I cant wait to see whats next!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

See what happens when Darksiders meet? Empty Re: See what happens when Darksiders meet?

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:24 pm

There's going to be heck to pay too!!!!!!!!!!!! I got here and I have a room full of empty boxes. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:29 pm

And Larry tried to drown me on the way. Bobby tried to lose a part of Larry's carb down the bathroom sink.

Ok...here's the scope on that....Larry's bike was getting a whooping 80 miles before reserve and putting in 3.8-4.1 gallons each time too. Well, after finally getting there at 830pm...after fixing his fairing at my place...mounting bolts fell out....almost drowning on the way....we eat at the hotel and take Larry's bike apart. Twisted Evil

Tank's off and the carb is apart. Bobby noticed fuel on top of the diapharm....we take it inside to look for a pin hole. Well, Bobby pulls the needle retainer and flips it over whilst over the bathroom sink...needle goes straight into the drain. Shocked

Well, Bobby and Larry disassemble the sink and retrieve the needle and shim..i've got pics...just didn't get home intime to upload and go to work. Suspect WORK=four letter word

Then Bobby and Larry started taking the petcock apart after we'd looked up things on the manual.

Diaphram in the petcock wasn't bolted all the way down....seems to have fixed his lack of mileage. cheers

Had a blast meeting you guys and gals....but on a slight safety note...remember the sun screen. Suspect

Right at 634 miles in a touch over 24 hours. Good roads, good folks and nice to follow another darkside in action. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm

We got pics of what happens when the Darksiders get together......Smoke!

Oh, yea! There is a new Wheelie King in town....one that don't wreck........ Very Happy I was going to do a rolling burnout in Mcky D's in Mena and but, NO.....that stinking 205 hooked up and wheelie thru the parking lot! Ask Smokey!

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Ya'll rode for 12 hours?!? Lucky dogs. Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Yall Suck. I wanted to play.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Some people are players, some people are sayers. The players put in 12 hours of fun fast riding.
Very Happy Very Happy
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:56 am

twin1300 wrote:Some people are players, some people are sayers. The players put in 12 hours of fun fast riding.
Very Happy Very Happy

I put in 8 hours of yard work to only be 1/3 done Shocked Sad Sad Didn't even get to think about enjoying the beautiful weather, but come Sunday I'll have some type of pavement /gravel under my tires. Very Happy
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:37 am

I would have been there if it wasnt half way across the USA.
I thought about jumping on a plane and comeing out but, maybe some other time.
Hope youall had a good time.
Its snowing here right now. Last weekend it was over 80 and this weekend its snowing. Globel warming My ass.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:41 am

[
Oh, yea! There is a new Wheelie King in town....one that don't wreck........

Just wait untill I get the 205 with the 1800 final. I use to love rideing on the rear wheel.
Shouldnt have to much of a problem Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:29 pm

sounds like a blast!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:45 pm

twin1300 wrote:Some people are players, some people are sayers. The players put in 12 hours of fun fast riding.
Very Happy Very Happy

I dont know if I like what you are saying. Get it? Huh? 18 hours a day, logged for the last 3 days. You are playin and they are payin.
Yall ride safe and be careful on the way home.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Im more worried about my OEM clutch now, they have been in there for over 55,000 miles. Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:51 pm

I just wanted to show a picture of what you guys missed. This was the funnest weekend ever. Next year, look out. We're talking about making this an annual thing. Very Happy
See what happens when Darksiders meet? MtIda011
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:06 pm

And, another.

See what happens when Darksiders meet? MtIda012
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Hay Yall.
Looks like fun and I know or at least think I know where yall were at. Man I miss Arkansas. Glad that you have fun and am sorry I had to pass on this one. Glad that all made it home safe and sound.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

What I'm sayin...dont be hatin cause I aint playin.....I'm hatin it enough myself...
Next year will be different.....Glad yall had fun, and noone had problems (except for havin to take the trap off the sink)... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:36 pm

So how many people showed up?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:37 pm

jedishon wrote:So how many people showed up?

Jerry

We want pictures and a head count
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:17 pm

7 bikes and 8 folks....still haven't uploaded the pics. Next year we'll most likely stay in Mena...closer to better roads and they don't roll up the sidewalk at 8pm there.

Wife should be able to come too.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Getting ready to start out, here is Twin, Insp and Kermit's Hubby, Foghorn and Tanglefoot on the Valk.

See what happens when Darksiders meet? MtIda001
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Insp couldn't stay, but here's a shot of the rest of us. The locals loved it and took pictures for us. I think they enjoyed it as much as we did. They went out of they way on numerous occasions to strike up conversations about biking and traveling.

See what happens when Darksiders meet? MtIda006
Left to right: Foghorn, Kermit, Tanglefoot, Justin (Smokeys son), Smokey, Twin, Toasted and WillSightsee'r (that's another story)
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Great pics Kermit! You make me wish we were still there after seeing the pics. You guys are the best! I wouldn't have want to go without you guys and our Queen....ever! Thanks for making it a wonderful weekend.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Good. I'm glad you guys are home safely. Now, everyone is accounted for. Very Happy Just letting these guys know what they missed. I'll bet we have a good turn out at our 2nd Annual Darkside Rally. What ya wanna bet?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next