Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe

+2
jedishon
smokey2255
6 posters

Go down

Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe Empty Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe

Post  smokey2255 Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:23 pm

After my botched attempt to meet up with SmokinJoe at the dragon, I finally got to meet him today. Last night at work I was able to get someone to work the OT I was scheduled to work this evening and being it was only 120 miles over to where he is staying, I headed that way. Met up with him shortly before the ride was to take off. Introduced ourselves and BSed for a bit then it was off to share the wind. Not a very spirited ride but it was a ride and that is what it is all about, yes? After about 75 miles and 2 really long breaks (nearly 100 bikes in ths ride) I broke away from the pack when I saw an old man struggling to change a flat tire on his truck. It was one of them "I don't have a choice" deals. Part of my pay it forward campaign. I broke away and turned around to help him out. He was wore out and I am sure his blood sugar was way out of wack as he had the sweet smell about him that diabetics get. Beings he lived a half mile up the road I didn't mention it. Generally a diabetic knows when it is out of whack, I digress, sorry. His wife was sitting in the grass nearly in tears and the old boy in pure farmer fashion was using a hybrib assembly of tools to get the job done. He had a straight lug type wrench a rusty screw jack and a couple of pipe wrenches. He had 4 of the lugs off but the last 2 had been hammered on with a torque wrench. Now there are 2 fat sweaty old men changing this tire Laughing After the really low spare was mounted and snugged and the ritual of explaining the whole pay it forward thing (luckily they have seen the movie and knew the concept, just never been on the receiving end) they told me about their son serving in Iraq and he was quick to pull out some pics he had in the truck. Proud Papa of his son serving our great nation. He did tell me in a confidential tone that he does not supprt the war (guess Mama does not appreciate that kind of talk) Embarassed Laughing Laughing
Since I didn't get the kids name yall just say a little extra prayer for all our boys over there.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe Empty Re: Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Great job Smokey.....Glad ya got to meet Smokin'joe.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Smokey, did you ever get your Valkyrie? I read where you were going to get one and never heard 'the rest of the story'.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Tanglefoot wrote:Smokey, did you ever get your Valkyrie? I read where you were going to get one and never heard 'the rest of the story'.

Mr. Robert, here is the rest of the story.
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/my-banking-institution-fired-me-but-i-didn-t-go-to-jail-t1845.htm

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 pm

I posted back to you Sunday night I guess it was one of those that came up missing . It was great to meet you and I look forward to ridn' with you again. We had 84 bikes in that ride Saturday way to many to break off and do some peg draggin' besides those roads would kill you at high speeds. Good luck with your Georgia deal and I look forward to riding with you again.
Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe CBRRIDE016Finally, I got to meet SmokinJoe CBRRIDE035-1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Smokin'joe what are you doing on a Rocket..... I am hoping Smokey gets the job down there. You two running together would be fun...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Joe was falling in love, thats what he was doing on the Rocket. He took it for a ride, I tried to follow. That thing has some ponies up in it. Cruising along at 50 Joe rolled into the throttle and I could see it sit him back. Awesome machine. Good looks and plenty power. What more do you want from a bike.

I took a couple pics with the phone but have to wait til I get my PC out of the shop to post them.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 pm

I was just checking out the Valkryie Riders Cruiser Club site and saw this pic and thought I recognized this pumpkin colored bike and the profile of the rider. Looked a lot like our own Smokie. Why I believe it is. I hope you enjoyed your ride. Safe winds my friend.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:58 am

Thanks for the kind deed...Smokey! The world needs more guys like you......except we can't take it!... Laughing Laughing Laughing

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 pm

So you mean you weren't 4 hrs in the wrong direction this time??? Go figure!

Glad ya finally got to share the wind with Smokin Joe. Good on ya for the good deed paying it forward.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down