Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe

+6
gstanfield
vtxreaper
twin1300
ttexastim
Toasted_311
smokey2255
10 posters

Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe

Post  smokey2255 Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 am

I found this link while lurking on another site and thought yall might enjoy it. For those of us that are not riding now due to the snow and ice this will lighten your spirits.

http://media.putfile.com/SmokinJoe

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty Re: what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers cheers cheers cheers

I'm soo waiting on April...we're not going west anymore I don't think...think we're headed that way. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty Re: what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:15 am

Nice ride!!! I wish we had rides like that around here. I bet that was a fun day.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:35 am

Just found out that my best friend moved from here to TN about 50 miles from the dragon and said I had a room to stay if I wanted. So, I think at the end of the summer, I will take Smokin'joe up on his invitation. I watched White Devil's dragon video's Friday after we left the "On the Halfshell" and went to his house. I would love to do some of that twisty stuff. (Of course with the car tire on back...I will have to do a lot of stopping and picking the back end up to get lined up with the road and stop and scott the back end around again to line it up with the next curve.........hehehehehe) *** for those that don't know that's a running joke for guys that don't think you take a twisty with a car tire.

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:09 am

Hey Bobby, I have never been down your way, maybe towards the end of the summer, I will through the tent on the bike and do a little walkabout, heading South.. Would love to do the Dragon on The Darkside with some friends.... And I hear there is a ton of great riding in that area, N.C., Tenn. I live near the beach, major flat. Have to ride almost 3 hours to the Mountains, Catskills in upstate New York. Another summer dream while sitting here freezing.... CLIFF
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:28 am

vtxreaper wrote:Hey Bobby, I have never been down your way, maybe towards the end of the summer, I will through the tent on the bike and do a little walkabout, heading South.. Would love to do the Dragon on The Darkside with some friends.... And I hear there is a ton of great riding in that area, N.C., Tenn. I live near the beach, major flat. Have to ride almost 3 hours to the Mountains, Catskills in upstate New York. Another summer dream while sitting here freezing.... CLIFF

Hey Reap,

Titaniumwing and White Devil all say that North Georgia is just as good as the dragon, just less crowded! Let me know and if I can get away toward the end of the summer, we can kill two birds with one stone. You come this way and I meet you half way and ride with smokin'joe. You haven't been down South and I haven't been up North. He can show us the ropes. I also live on the coast....hehehehe kinda opposite of the dragon...11 turns in 318 miles. Laughing Laughing Laughing

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 pm

I can attest to North(east) GA being just as good as the dragon. I lived in northeast GA for the first 23 years of my life and learned to ride on them roads up around Helen, Blairsville, etc and there's some great riding without so much traffic. There's also prime riding real estate in western NC and eastern TN besides just the dragon.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:44 pm

smokey2255 wrote:I found this link while lurking on another site and thought yall might enjoy it. For those of us that are not riding now due to the snow and ice this will lighten your spirits.

http://media.putfile.com/SmokinJoe

See you out there
Smokey

That was a nice video. Ticks me off that I'm stuck here in the snow.
Thanks for posting Smokey.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:25 am

Yesssum Bobby, same here, 11 turns in 318 miles. That's a good one. Well hopefully we can all get those summer meet and greets and ridding in the twistees done. I'm sure it would be a classic for the archives!! Can't wait for the warmer weather so we can get all plans set in motion.. Been a real long winter, even with heated gloves!!!.... Cliff,,,,,Darkside Apple
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:44 am

vtxreaper wrote:Yesssum Bobby, same here, 11 turns in 318 miles. That's a good one. Well hopefully we can all get those summer meet and greets and ridding in the twistees done. I'm sure it would be a classic for the archives!! Can't wait for the warmer weather so we can get all plans set in motion.. Been a real long winter, even with heated gloves!!!.... Cliff,,,,,Darkside Apple

Hey Reap!!!!

Check the ride section..... We are going to Arkansas April 17 - 21. I know that's not summer, but we started planning last year!

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 am

Thanks for the heads up on the Arkansaw trip, But that is the week I am moving... Sold my house, by the shore where I have lived my whole 51 years. Gonna move into the mountains. Got a nice three bedroom house with five acres, deep in the hills. I close on the 14th or 15th of April. Then gots to move. Hopefully it will start to thaw out. Gotta about 5 months of clearing all the deadwood from the property, but thats good, deadwood is fire wood next winter..The Stiel's gonna do a ton of work.
Should be ready to do a ride or two in the summer, Thanks again
Also, If anyone heads up to Americade, I will be about two hours South of Lake George ..My Oaisis is open to all who need a place to stay. Also awesome ridding in my area and the backroads to Amercade!!
Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:56 pm

We had a good ride going until we caught the Hardley. 90 % of the car folks will use the pull-offs and let you pass. If a bike blocks 90 % of the time its a HD.I've watched in amazement at some of these they don't even need to be on a bike much less ridin' the mountain twisties. what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Killboysave20Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty My Friends VTX

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Here's the photo of my friends custom VTX . He is the guy I bought the Valkyrie I rebuilt from. He crashed it twice and sold it when it almost killed him on The Blue Ridge Parkway. Other members in the VRCC started claimin' it ( the bike ) had bad mojo so thats what I call it now the " BADMOJO " bike .He bought this and just recently got another Valkyrie and claims this bike will be for sale soon.what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe IMAGE_002
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty The " BADMOJO " bike

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm

The " BADMOJO " bike ( blue & white )
Half-Breed ( yellow & creame )what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Bikes021Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:The " BADMOJO " bike ( blue & white )
Half-Breed ( yellow & creame )what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Bikes021Small

2 B E A utiful bikes...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Big Daddy Helmut wrote:
vtxreaper wrote:Hey Bobby, I have never been down your way, maybe towards the end of the summer, I will through the tent on the bike and do a little walkabout, heading South.. Would love to do the Dragon on The Darkside with some friends.... And I hear there is a ton of great riding in that area, N.C., Tenn. I live near the beach, major flat. Have to ride almost 3 hours to the Mountains, Catskills in upstate New York. Another summer dream while sitting here freezing.... CLIFF

Hey Reap,

Titaniumwing and White Devil all say that North Georgia is just as good as the dragon, just less crowded! Let me know and if I can get away toward the end of the summer, we can kill two birds with one stone. You come this way and I meet you half way and ride with smokin'joe. You haven't been down South and I haven't been up North. He can show us the ropes. I also live on the coast....hehehehe kinda opposite of the dragon...11 turns in 318 miles. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Funny how much the landscape changes in less than a hundred miles. have a bunch of turns down the bayou as the road curves to follow high land. Even the straights get curvy during the hot season due to gaters in the road. Aligators that is, not busted tires that you northerners call them. We do get those too, but our gators bite harder. he he he.

Peace yall
Moon

Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:12 pm

I've rode into the swamps many times I like it down that way. On thing about Tennessee our roads are very well maintained. Thats the one thing I did'nt care for down that way the backroads are rough on man and machine it's a 600 mile ride for me just to cross the line.I enjoy backroads and stay off the super slabs whenever possible.what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Southbound032
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Empty DraGON

Post  Tommy Kelly Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 pm

If I was to live there I would open a store at the end of that road and sell floorboards for VTX's and get rich in a short time. I dont think my boards would last 1 trip through that road. And its only 11 miles I think. I have also seen a lot of bad looking pictures of bikes on that stretch where 18 wheelers using it and taking all the road in some of the curves. I think I will just take another road if possible. I have ridden 1 that makes that look like a superslab though. If you are in Hot Springs Ark. Thak a ride up to lookout mountain tower it goes up 1 side of the mountain and the longest straight stretch is about 50 yds. long. The clostest thing I can think of to compare it to is a zipped up zipper. The down road is nice but the up road is something.

Tommy Kelly

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah its probably a good idea you stay off The Dragon Tommy.But thats just one of the roads you can throw a rock to The Cherohala Skyline / The Hellbender 28 / Foothills Parkway / Little River Road into the Great Smoky Mountains and lets not forget Cades Cove and Wayah Road through Nantahala. Each and everyone of these are made for the art of motorcycling( you do need to slow down thru Cades Cove black bears and Rangers are everywhere ) .Besides if you ain't draggin' something you might as well be in a car. what to expect if you ride with smokinjoe Teamvalkyrie2Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down