Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note to self/ another ride story

+2
Larry Simpson
smokey2255
6 posters

Go down

Note to self/ another ride story Empty Note to self/ another ride story

Post  smokey2255 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 pm

I should really wait until the winter sand is off the roads before I get too aggressive. Here is the setup

Turning off the highway, left hand turn onto what is locally called the westfield blacktop. A slow moving nissan pickup in front of me. The road we are turning onto as describes coming to the T from the direction we are turning to. (with me here?) As you approach the T it breaks out into two lanes, the right being the most used so there is always an abundant build up of sand and road crap in the left side of the left lane.
Okay now back to turning left onto the blacktop. The pickup makes his poke along turn I am right on his bumper. This lane is always pretty clear due to the heavy traffic so it is good for a rocket launch through the gears. With this mindset I grabbed second gear hammered the ole girl and dove to the left to pass the pickemup truck. Right about the time I crossed the double yellow (yeah go ahead all you haters, let me have it) the rear broke loose like hell wouldn't have it. It squirrelled every direction but down trying to throw me off. Literally I felt like I was on a bunking bronc. About the time I thought we were throgh with that ride she found another pocket of sand so we went through the whole bucking routine again.

I never let off the throttle completely, I did try to ease off on it but with the bucking action it was impossible to get off it. Needless to say she got through the sand pit and carried on with her launch like nothing ever happened. I could hear her snickering at me though. When I asked her what was so funny she says, "Ya thought I was gonna dump ya didn't ya?"

"well hell yeah, that was a crazy ride."

She said, "no it wasn't, that was just a little fun" "the ole boy in the truck bout shit himself though hahahahaah"

it was at this point I realized the truck was several hundred yards back, with a closer look I could tell he was sitting still barely clear of the intersection.

With a quick twist of the throttle and grabbing another gear we were on our way, the mistress always gives an exciting ride and she knows it. It was her turn to have a little fun.

See you out there
Smokey

smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Note to self/ another ride story Empty re note to self,another ride story

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:35 pm

There must be something wrong with your memory,that was some pretty painful looking road rash you got last time.just saying Laughing Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Note to self/ another ride story Empty Re: Note to self/ another ride story

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 am

You are right Larry, It was painful stuff. but there were other factors playing there, Vodka takes away ones ability to hang on and ride it out. Gave up the drinking after that last one and gear up now too. Next time I go down I will be breaking shit Very Happy Laughing There's just something primally exhilerating about a dragstrip kind of launch on the ole girl/ Not to mention the peg dragging sport bike ride she gives. I am thankful for my short memory Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonLeon Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 am

Great story! Glad you kept her up!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:58 am

cheers
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 am

You my friend are one crazy biatch. We will share the wind some day.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 am

Unka Jer, such harsh words ....... okay I couldn't even type that without laughing. I can guarantee I have been called worse ....... this morning, even. I do tend to enjoy my rides. The more adrenalin pumping the better I like em. One of my favorite things to do is weaving through traffic when the cars and semis are stacked just almost too close to get through but I think I can make it. Oh yeah baby. Twist the wick and shoot through there. Most folks don't expect an old mans bike to be riding like that. They are worng my friend.

the other day I was headed to town, running about 80 as i had just come out of an S curve that I like to dig through, I meet a car and the guy in it is up on the wheel giving me the traditional biker slow down signal. It was about this time that I saw the county sherriff stickers all over the side of it. OOPS, tap the brake to make him happy and ride on. Once out of site as he entered the same S curve I just left, twist it and go. Life is good, go ride yall.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Unka Jer, such harsh words ....... okay I couldn't even type that without laughing.
See you out there
Smokey

Coming from me that was a compliment. But yea I was laughing as I typed it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Great story I love the way you tell them, who cares if they are true or not. LMAO

Enjoying the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:27 am

Mark, every word is true... If you don't believe the mistress talks to me, you should hear the other voices in my head Embarassed What a Face

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content