Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report

3 posters

Go down

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report Empty Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 pm

We had ( 5 ) Valkyrie's ( 1 ) Harley and ( 1 ) Kawasaki Concours show up this morning ...We lost one of the Valk's before we ever left the parking lot ( called into work Sad ) . We took the long way and made a close to 250 mile round trip out of the ride today to Fall Creek Falls.Picture below taken at the hook-up point Hardree's in Clinton, TN.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10024Large

Picture below was taken near Rockwood, Tennessee where the Scout Master and seven members of Troop 45, Rockwood, Tennessee who lost their lives in a flood on March 23, 1929.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10028Large

Here's a couple pic's I took from the internet that show the Memorial alittle better.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report Dd145297-84c0-4aa8-93de-5ae9d09fd440

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report Eb477ba5-dab9-441c-bf49-98f28d8259e2

Big Al at The Boy Scouts Of America Memorial.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10030Large

Soon after leaving the Memorial our riding bud Jack started having some chest pains to the point of eating nitro pills Sad He's had heart surgey some years ago.He told us he was feeling better so we rode on to Fall Creek Falls.Picture below of Jack who rides a Kawasaki Concours and rides with us often.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10025Large

We went to Fall Creek Falls and did'nt even walk down to the falls...So no waterfall picture...We did hit the hog trough ( buffet ) at the State Park resturant.Very good food and reasonable priced ( the catfish was awesome ) .These next few pictures was taken on the ride around the rim of the gorge at Buzzard Roost.

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10036Large

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10037Large

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report BigSouthForkFallColorRide10-24-10038Large

Some info on Fall Creek Falls... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_Creek_Falls_State_Park
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report Empty Re: Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report

Post  jedishon Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Looks like it was a good ride.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report Empty Re: Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report

Post  quadancer Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:33 am

If I'd lived closer, you'd have had TWO Harleys on that one! I don't mind following a big yellow lemon; especially one I can't catch.
Is Jack SMOKIN' that nitro? C'mon Jack, you know you have to make some sacrifices to stay with us man! I'm on a pacer myself, but you'd never know it.
3x/wk at 2 hr. workouts does it for me.
Fall Creek Falls Ride....Ride report 435Squat007
PM me if you wish; I'm happy to evaluate and recommend a program you can work with. BTW, I smoked for 27 years myself. I've had thousands of
arrythmias and two major heart attacks. Things of the past, now.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down