Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coal Creek Ride Today...

2 posters

Go down

Coal Creek Ride Today... Empty Coal Creek Ride Today...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Hooked up with Wayne who came up from Alabama to ride the beautiful east Tennessee mountains . We was close to the first one's to hit the trails this morning . Weather was awesome this morning nice and cool perfect for ridin' the 4 wheelers. Around noon it started to rain and went from cool to cold in a hurry.Coal Creek is a awesome place with near endless trails that cover ( 3 ) mountains.We met out of state folks from South Carolina ,Kentucky and North Carolina out in the middle of nowhere just out diggin' the wonderful area set aside for Off Highway Vehicles.

Coal Creek Ride Today... CoalCreek001Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek Ride Today... Empty Re: Coal Creek Ride Today...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:32 pm

I took this picture on Trail # 9 it was IMO the best one we rode today. Very technical and extreme with alittle of everything straight down rock walls , deep ruts , large tree roots , etc. We rode this creek bed for awhile and it was a beautiful area.Wayne and his friends also rode yesterday and he claimed they wanted to stay in today so they could watch #1 Alabama do away with in-state rival Auburn.I'm pretty sure they was'nt crazy enough to follow him 2 days in a roll Smile Wayne if you see this thanks for the invite my friend its always a RUSH hangin' with you on a motorcycle in the twisties and now I can say the same thing about riding 4 wheels in the mountains ...What a RUSH Smile

Coal Creek Ride Today... CoalCreek002Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm

I took this picture while Wayne was drag racing another 4 wheeler on the gravel road leading to here.If you dig ridin' 4 wheels this place would be hard to beat . You must buy a permit in order to use the area.It's like $15.00 a day or $50.00 a year and well worth the $$ .

Coal Creek Ride Today... CoalCreek006Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 pm

I took this picture on Buffalo Mountain we counted 18 and as far as I know these are the only ones in the state of Tennessee.
Coal Creek Ride Today... CoalCreek012Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:22 pm

Cool pics. As to the wind towers, they are building some just a few miles from my house here. They are putting in 168 total making it the second largest outside of California. The ones here are almost 200 feet to the pivot, approx 260ft tall at the highest point.

Looks like some nice riding. I miss that kind of off roading, here it's less water more sand which can be fun too, just differnt.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down