Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update: 2008 Heritage gone Dark

2 posters

Go down

Update: 2008 Heritage gone Dark Empty Update: 2008 Heritage gone Dark

Post  Rev. Doc RCMC Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 am

Well here we are 2 month later with the Car Tire, or in my case, Commercial grade Light Truck Tire in place. Been running the tire pressure at 40psi, because I haul enough junk in my bags to amount to a half a person. Don't Laugh, this Hog is my only ride, That tour pack is my Trunk so to speak... LOL. Anyway, so far it is a whole lot better handling and traction than the Motorbike tire ever thought of being, and yesterday, for the first time with the CT in place, I hit black ice on a curve. Right there at the spring house on Rafael Rd. I feel if I had a MT on the rear, it would have kicked out from under me, but with the flatter tread, and wider footprint, it only slid sideways. The front got real squirrely, but was able to control it. I am so glad I found this site, and you dark siders, because if I had not gone Dark, it more than likely would have been a trip to the ouch house, damage to the scoot and I don't heal as fast as I used to when I was younger. I have 3/32 tread on the Front Tire, and getting ready to replace it for the 3rd time. Looking to go Double Dark. Any Recommendations? It is a 90B16 72H Dunlop (Harley) 402F. Should I go with a 402 rear fitment MT, or another CT?
Rev. Doc RCMC
Rev. Doc RCMC

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-14

http://www.ruggedcrossmc.com

Back to top Go down

Update: 2008 Heritage gone Dark Empty Re: Update: 2008 Heritage gone Dark

Post  quadancer Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 pm

No, not a CT. I went with the Bridgestone Spitfire S-11 and love it. I see a lot of guys using 'Stones of different types to their satisfaction. If I wanted to spend a bit more, I'd go Michelin.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Rev. Doc RCMC Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Don't care for Firestone, or Michelin in the Car Line, are they really any better for the Bike Line?
Rev. Doc RCMC
Rev. Doc RCMC

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-14

http://www.ruggedcrossmc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 am

I was referring to Double Darksiding - using a rear MT on the front. Mich makes some great bike tires. I couldn't bring myself to trust Firestone if they did make bike tires. I meant BridgeStones.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down