Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC)

3 posters

Go down

2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC) Empty 2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC)

Post  Troublemaker Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I would like to come over to the "Darkside", but I need to confirm what size and manufacturer of tire that I need to purchase. Also, where in Cincinnati can I purchase it. I will be running to the mountains in about 2 weeks and I would like to put it on as soon as possible. I am absolutely tired of putting on new rear tires every year.

Troublemaker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC) Empty Re: 2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC)

Post  Dan Koich Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:01 pm

You won't find a tire locally. Try Universal tires.com in Hersey, Pa and look for the Austone Taxi tire in 175-75R-16 ($143) or the Excelsior Stahl Sport Radial 550R16 ($212), made by Coker. If you want to lower your bike an inch, the Excelsior Stahl Sport Radial 500R16 will fit. If you have a tire pressure indicator and you want to lower your bike 1 inch, the Dunlop Wintersport 175-60R-16 run-on-flat will fit. There are lots of tires available in Europe in the 175mm width, but as far as I know, these are the only ones available in the US. The reports on the Austone so far are very good, but actually there are very few reports. I don't recall anyone that's reported on using the Coker ESSR 550R16, but the one report posted recently on the 500R-16 (on a Sportster with a sidecar) indicated that it wore out totally after only 4000 miles. I also have an "09 FLSTC and plan on using the Austone when my Dunlop wears a little more, unless updated reports from forum members give us an update very soon that brings forth some heretofore unheard of problem.

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC) Empty '09 FLSTC

Post  Dan Koich Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:44 am

Did you put a new tire on?

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC) Empty Re: 2009 Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC)

Post  tenpoun1 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:37 pm

You probably would have to find it online somewhere. Most likely a local shop wont carry it. Maybe they could do special orders though. It might cost you extra possibly

tenpoun1

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-29

http://www.bestsnowboardreviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down