Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire?

5 posters

Go down

Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire? Empty Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire?

Post  wan2run Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Tire's a General Altimax HP 195/65-15. Could not get either side to seat on the rim. I tried everything I can think of. Rotated the tire around the rim, lubed the crap out of it with No Mar, threw 115 psi at it, even let it sit in the sun for a day. Ruined a tube...No dice. Where the tire wraps (at the dimple) it just wouldn't go. Oh well....

wan2run

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-30

http://www.notjustoil.com

Back to top Go down

Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire? Empty Re: Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire?

Post  maurice Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 pm

wan2run wrote:Tire's a General Altimax HP 195/65-15. Could not get either side to seat on the rim. I tried everything I can think of. Rotated the tire around the rim, lubed the crap out of it with No Mar, threw 115 psi at it, even let it sit in the sun for a day. Ruined a tube...No dice. Where the tire wraps (at the dimple) it just wouldn't go. Oh well....

Don't know why, the 205 worked on mine. I had honda shop put it on. see..
maurice
maurice
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire? Empty Re: Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire?

Post  Steve-O Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

wan2run wrote:Tire's a General Altimax HP 195/65-15. Could not get either side to seat on the rim. I tried everything I can think of. Rotated the tire around the rim, lubed the crap out of it with No Mar, threw 115 psi at it, even let it sit in the sun for a day. Ruined a tube...No dice. Where the tire wraps (at the dimple) it just wouldn't go. Oh well....

What part of florida are you in?
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm just across the Florida line in Georgia,,,
might have to go to a Nexen tire like i did, went on slick as can be at 80 psi.
let me know if i can help.
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  wan2run Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 am

Steve-O wrote:

What part of florida are you in?

Orlando

wan2run

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-30

http://www.notjustoil.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 am

simpleman is over there in Kissimee. He might be able to help you.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Couldn't get the CT mounted on my '95 ACE. Anyone want a new tire? Empty Mounted

Post  Spuddaddy Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Did you ever get this tire mounted???

I can't find any info on DS tire for a 95 ACE.....

Thanks
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down