Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a tire mounted

2 posters

Go down

Getting a tire mounted Empty Getting a tire mounted

Post  axdoxa Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Help, I am desperately trying to get to the darkside but having difficulty. Have a 2007 Rocket III, ok finally figured out how to get the bike up (craftsman lift under motor, ratchet front tire to garage wall and lift! Now can not find any bike shop that will mount my Toyou Prixus 4 245X50X16. Found a tire shop that will, but in order to put on their machine I would need to remove the hub assembly, is there any easier way to get the old off, new on and balanced?

Second question, want to replace the brake pads, anyone had experience with the EBC's.

Third when I am putting it all back what type of grease should I use. Thanks for the unput

axdoxa

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Getting a tire mounted Empty Re: Getting a tire mounted

Post  Fly Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am

It is not that difficult to remove old tire and mount new tire, by yourself. Purchasing 2 tire tools will certainly cost less than one tire change. All it takes is a couple of hours work, after you've done it a couple of times. Ask you fellow local riders, and you may find one with tools, air compressor and a place to break the bead on old tire.

There are various web sites that show easy methods of breaking the tire bead, how to change, etc. Costs are very few, and rewards are finding out something about the bike, doing it without letting the bike set for several days or a week at the bike shop. Balancing can be done using the axle supporting the tire/wheel off the ground, with weights purchased on-line or stick-on weights bought at some auto stores.

Always good to wipe off old grease and put in new. Look at the info on the grease cartridge, or ask at any auto store for axle grease.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down