Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How wide is your tire once mounted

2 posters

Go down

How wide is your tire once mounted Empty How wide is your tire once mounted

Post  arch01 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm installing my hitch, and looking at the GYTT, and quite frankly I am a little concerned that the tire will not fit inside the sub-frame with the hitch as well. The Sub-frame which bolts into the inside of the fender has about an 8" clearance side to side. The hitch takes up about 1/2" of width there leaving me with 7 1/2" for a tire. The stock Dunnie is about 6" wide mounted. The truth of the matter is that I do not know if the tire ever travels that high (into the sub-frame area) in the first place. As I understand it the rear suspension has 3" of travel, making me think that the tire does move into the sub-frame area.

So, back to my original question. How wide is your CT when mounted? I figure that the CT is a little narrower as that the MC Rim is a lot narrower than a cager rim. Please also mention the size of your tire. I figure, worst case scenario, I cannot go Wideside, just Darkside and put a 165 on it.

I'll post pics of the journey and the finished result when it is all done.

Thanks

Arch01

2006 Blue R

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

How wide is your tire once mounted Empty Re: How wide is your tire once mounted

Post  wayne Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:01 am

They are anywhere from 7 to 8 wide, I think the Guardsman from Sears I had was 7 1/4 It was a 205-65-15.You can measure the tread width, and when you put the air in, its not going to grown more than 3/16 If that much. The side wall may grown a little more.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

How wide is your tire once mounted Empty Re: How wide is your tire once mounted

Post  arch01 Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks Wayne,

Anybody Else??????

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down