Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The feel of the wide 215 tire

2 posters

Go down

The feel of the wide 215 tire Empty The feel of the wide 215 tire

Post  horseman8m Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:46 am

I know this is going to disappoint some of you but the tire that I used (Nexen 215 65R15) on my VTX 1300 didn't ride that much different from the mc tire that i took off , Yes in the turns i could feel like i had a 5 mile an hour cross wind and i had to use just a little counterstearing but i have allways used that and i am the kind that manhandles my ride a bit . I went on some back roads , dirt roads, even some high crowned roads , no big deal there. I wanted to feel what others were saying about the grip on sharp fast turns and wow what a dif this was i know my mc tire would slip when i gave it some gass comming out of a turn and i had to be carefull but with this CT I can realy gun it and pull out of a turn set back up straight ready for the next turn fast, I am impressed ( with a big ol M even) with the grip this tire has, it is so much better then the dunny that came off of it.

Have fun , drive safe , Horse

Last edited by horseman8m on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

The feel of the wide 215 tire Empty Re: The feel of the wide 215 tire

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Horse, an improvement in any of a dozen different areas is still an improvement.....
No need to be disapointed with an improvement....
Now that I'm tired of typing improvement, I'm glad you liked the ride....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down