Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel the pull of the Darkside

4 posters

Go down

I feel the pull of the Darkside Empty I feel the pull of the Darkside

Post  GWBear Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey all,

I just rode 300 miles with a buddy of mine who has just went Dark. We hit a few twisties and his bike handle great. It's getting time to replace the rear tire on my GL1800 and I'm seriously considering going Dark. In doing my research I came across a challange from Motorcycle Cruiser

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/0907_crup_mounting_car_tires_on_motorcycles/index.html

Does anyone know anymore about this, did anyone take him up on it, if so, what was the outcome.

thanks

GWBear

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

I feel the pull of the Darkside Empty Re: I feel the pull of the Darkside

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Welcome! To answer your question, yes. We know about it, but no, to my knowledge no-one near him has offered up a test ride. Follow the link below if you wanna see some discussion about it..

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/search.forum?search_keywords=magazine
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Last I remember was that if anybody was in his neighborhood (Connecticut, I think) he would check it out.
I don't think anybody took him up on it.
What puzzles me is that while he acknowledged this mod was for a cruiser only, he goes on to say
" ...if a car type tire worked well on a motorcycle everything from a moped to a MotoGP bike would be wearing them as standard equipment."
Tire engineers yada yada...
The only argument he left out was about the flaming pile of debris that would be left if you did this.
I wonder how Zimmerman would respond if he knew some of the FJ guys were successfully running car tires.

I have several buds that run car tires on their Wings, they won't use anything else.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

[ No Subject ]Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:56 PMFrom: "zimmemr@aol.com" Add sender to ContactsTo: dragonchasers@yahoo.com

Tim,
A local rider here in Connecticut has generously offered me a ride on his darkside Goldwing (front and rear car tires), which is somewhat more convenient for me, but thanks for the offer.
Regards,
MZ

That was the answer to my offer of letting him ride mine.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down