Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tail draggin on the darkside. Continued

3 posters

Go down

Tail draggin on the darkside.  Continued Empty Tail draggin on the darkside. Continued

Post  arch01 Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Well, boys and girls,

It is complete and in the testing phases. I got the hitch up under the bike along side the GYTT,

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/tail-draggin-on-the-dark-side-hidden-hitch-on-a-vtx-1300r-w-a-205-70-15-t2558.htm

Then I had to get the trailer built. I was going to post another write up on this forum, but that took up a lot of room last time, so instead you'll have to do with this link to Picasa Albums. Some of the pics have text to explain what I have done.
Motorcycle trailer development

Let me know what you think

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Tail draggin on the darkside.  Continued Empty Re: Tail draggin on the darkside. Continued

Post  KYVTX1300 Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Nice work!
KYVTX1300
KYVTX1300

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.wccauto.com/gallery/Motorcycle/index.html

Back to top Go down

Tail draggin on the darkside.  Continued Empty Re: Tail draggin on the darkside. Continued

Post  footprintsinconc Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:55 pm

that is awesome!!!

now can you take a close up picture of how the trailer is connecting to the hitch and how the tounge is attaching to the hitch on the inside of the fender?

thanks,
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Tail draggin on the darkside.  Continued Empty connection photos

Post  arch01 Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Footprints,

I have not forgotten, just trying to find time to take the photos. I thought that I had one, however I seem to have forgotten to photograph that part after the last design modification. The bike side is a 1 1/2" SQ TS with one side cut off about 2 inches long and a 1/2" diameter hole drilled for a pin. The trailer side is a 1 1/4" SQ TS 3 inches long and a 1/2 diameter hole for pin. With the bike on the sidestand and the hitch attached you pick up the trailer and let the hinged (Universal joint) swing down into the hitch then rotate the trailer until it matches the bike and slide it forward that final inch then insert the pin. I'll post some photos to show the procedure tonight if all goes well.

Arch01

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down