Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting questions

2 posters

Go down

Mounting questions Empty Mounting questions

Post  OregonMike Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey all,
Do most of you mount your own tires with the hobofreight changer? Brute force? Take the wheels in to a shop? Will a shop mount a CT on a bike wheel?

I've been following tire threads here & there lately. I "found" a set of Continentals on Ebay for $140 shipped. My local Triumph dealership will mount/balance tires for $20 each if I pack the wheels in. I'm sure I could get them to do the Dynablast beads too.

I've got a set of Metzeler ME880s on the bike now. Thinking after all my reading that I should either stick with the 880s or go try the CT route when they need replaced. The front has a slow leak now. I fill it up once a week or so. Rear seems to be holding air just fine. Tread is pretty good on both at the moment.

Thoughts on the Continentals? They're TKH23 & 24s.

Mike

OregonMike

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mounting questions Empty Re: Mounting questions

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Dont know about those tires. I just found a Kawasaki dealer where the mechanic runs the darkside so I will be going there next month. Before that it was a one man shop that put mine on. If you take the wheel off and take it to a shop tell them your building a drag bike if they ask. Some will refuse no matter what, some will be curious but refuse anyway. Sometimes you get lucky right away, just depends..... Personally I would go ct on the rear as soon as possible. I hate it when people kick them selves for waiting so long. And Dynabeads work great no matter what tire you run....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down