Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wheel on the way

5 posters

Go down

wheel on the way Empty wheel on the way

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Gstanfield

1300 wheel for the darkside mod is on its way, I would recommend some new bearings they felt a little rough and they do have 21000 miles on them. The road grime is just a little xtra I threw in there for you, it comes from illinois ohio indiana missouri arkansas tennesee mississippi louisiana, Yeah so it's been a while since it's been cleaned. Laughing Laughing Enjoy the darkside

Se you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

wheel on the way Empty Re: wheel on the way

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:40 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Gstanfield

1300 wheel for the darkside mod is on its way, I would recommend some new bearings they felt a little rough and they do have 21000 miles on them. The road grime is just a little xtra I threw in there for you, it comes from illinois ohio indiana missouri arkansas tennesee mississippi louisiana, Yeah so it's been a while since it's been cleaned. Laughing Laughing Enjoy the darkside

Se you out there
Smokey

Attaboy to you....smokey,

You are a stand up guy to help like that! (did I actually say that) Oh, my bad..was I thinking out loud again. Laughing Laughing Great job.

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:36 pm

twin1300 wrote:

Se you out there
Smokey

You are a stand up guy to help like that! (did I actually say that) Oh, my bad..was I thinking out loud again. Laughing Laughing Great job.

At least he didn't ship him an empty box!!! {did I actually say that} Oh, my bad..was I thinking out loud again. Laughing Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:39 pm

The box was definately full, 24 pounds of full. twin that is going to die a loooonnnnggggggg sssslllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww death. Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Muntz wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

Se you out there
Smokey

At least he didn't ship him an empty box!!! {did I actually say that} Oh, my bad..was I thinking out loud again. Laughing Laughing

Muntz,

What did you have to say that for, you must have too much time on your hands.....don't you have some trees to go cut down...... cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Muntz wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

Se you out there
Smokey

Muntz,

What did you have to say that for, you must have too much time on your hands.....don't you have some trees to go cut down...... cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.................bobby

LOW BLOW!!!
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:15 pm

thanks Pard, as soon as I get the rest of my presses mounted in the new house here I'll be making a box of goodies to send your way as well. As soon as I can I will get a DS mounted and report my likes and/or dislikes to the group.

Thanks again,
George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:07 pm

[quote="gstanfield"]thanks Pard, as soon as I get the rest of my presses mounted in the new house here I'll be making a box of goodies to send your way as well. As soon as I can I will get a DS mounted and report my likes and/or dislikes to the group.

Thanks again,
George[/quote

George,

Dislikes......hehehehe You obviously don't know what you are getting into. You will burn your motorcycle tire and dance around the smoke naked, you will be so happy about your darkside.

I can't wait to you get it either.......it's gonna be great.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 pm

hehehe, you want me to send you pictures of me dancing around nekkid?? If so, sorry to dissapoint cause it ain't gonna happen.

BTW, When I do get it on and try it out I will put it through the paces to the extreme and give you a full unbiased review from the standpoint of a very experienced rider as well as from a MSF RiderCoach (I know that doesn't make me an expert witness or anything, but I like to think I am pretty intune with what's happening when on two wheels) Of course I already have an idea of what I EXPECT it to be like, but I'll try really hard not to let that influence my actual perceptions of the darkside.

George Smile
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:20 pm

Come on George,

The suspense is killing me........ I took your name off the darkside list as "honorary status". I put you as pending...hehehehehehehe

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:43 am

Well, the wheel is setting in my downstairs living room now, just waiting on my to get it cleaned up and buy a tire for it. Hopefully soon.....

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:41 am

Gstanfield

I told ya there was plenty of cleaning to do. Don't forget to check/replace the bearings. I thought they felt a little rough to me. Good luck and we are anxiously awaiting to see you on the darkside.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Wheel looks cleaner than mine, but I'll clean it anyway Smile I'll be buying some bearings this week and getting a tire very soon. Now it just needs to get warm enough to melt the roads, but it's looking like we won't see a high above 25 for the next week and tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 4 degrees.

Good thing the shop is heated Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content