Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel?

+2
dino
twistedrcpilot
6 posters

Go down

Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel? Empty Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel?

Post  twistedrcpilot Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Well, not nessesarly on one wheel, but the front shocks were unloaded pretty good. This happened twice. I was doing some "comparative riding" Very Happy . Third gear at about 75 I felt the front end wobbling kinda like turbalance. When I shifted to fifth, it was gone.

Second time, I felt it around 30-40 going into second all the way through till about 60. I saw a cop and backed off.

Both times I was hard on the throttle. I've checked the tires. I've got 40 in the rear and 32 in the front. No other mods except for the 1300 rearend. I've got the potenza in the logo with 3 oz of dyna beeds in it.

It's not a problem, just kinda scary when the front end gets really light and starts wobllen.

BTW I'm still lop-sided.

twistedrcpilot

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel? Empty Re: Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel?

Post  dino Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:29 pm

try to go with front tire up to 40 and rear 42-44 and ride to see if it's diferent
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel? Empty Re: Anyone have a wobble while your on one wheel?

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 pm

could just be harmonic vibrations caused by certain RPM and weight distribution... frotn tire pressure should be up there closer to 38-40 for longer wear and to resit cupping..

how many miles are on the front? Could it be cupped?

With my 1300 final I get more shaking at lower normal cruising speeds because4 of the slightly lower RPMs...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 am

Don't know what all you've done to your bike..
I would check the rear shock bushings, then front tire for cupping (as mentioned), then the windshield if you have one take it off and try the same thing (sounds funny but it was part of my problem), then the steering bearings ( my stock ones were put in at an angle), then the front wheel bearings.
On second thought after the shock bushings check the back tire to make sure the belts are still intact.
Put it up on a stand and run it up the your problem speed to see if it wobbles. Then try the rest. If none of that fixes it you have a problem I know nothing about, and its one that I would get a new bike with.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 am

+1 on what Jerry said. Your bike shouid not do that, darkside or lightside. How the heck are you expected to do wheelies with a shaky back end? I suspect shock bushings.....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:14 am

+ on the air press. You need to go up, or it will cause a wobble, or can cause a wobble. When you feel it in the rear, its called wollowing,

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down