Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread

+2
smokey2255
wiggans50cal
6 posters

Go down

Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread Empty Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread

Post  wiggans50cal Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 pm

I was cruisin along, 75MPH on a black top road near home, i came up on a brushy patch and i slowed down about 5MPH and started looking out for deer, looked to the left in the field, then to the right to the brush to make sure no deer were gonna try to beat it across the road, right as soon as i looked back left, a doe shot out from behind a tree running full bore, her head hit my left hand/ handle bar, then elbow, then ribs. I guess it was her feet and or body that banged up my leg, my knee, shin, and ankle are all swolen and bruised. After she hit this part of me, her butt end swung around and hit the passenger seat/ rear tail of my bike throwing it into a 45 degree slide, this was caused also by her head hitting my handle bars and cranking them to the left. I was sliding down the road, still on my bike and then it started to lean under leading to the pavement. I softly touched the back brake, i did not hit it hard at all, i remember thinking and trying to make myself just gently touch it, i did this and instantly the bike straightend up and i slowed down to a stop, got off my bike and made sure i wasnt bleeding to bad. I measured the black mark today and i slid sideways for 46 feet. In no way do i feel like i had bad luck because i hit a deer. I feel that i was VERY lucky to be able to keep the bike up. Still soar and limping but im happy to be here!!! Be careful out there guys and gals, you never know how fast things can happen until they happen to you. Thanks for everything.

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread Empty Re: Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread

Post  smokey2255 Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Nice save Daniel, I see and so far avoid deer at least weekly. The deer around work know to hide if they hear a vehicle. Some tree hugger types would call what I do harassment. I call it conditioning. I want them to fear vehicles. Whether it is bikes or trucks.
Again nice save

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread Empty Re: Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread

Post  Badmoon Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Sounds like you had a Angel on the back. Keep her with ya.
Nice save

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Good save Daniel....You are right the deer are all over the place....Just missed one Tuesday....
Glad it wasn't any worse.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Quick thinking and great instincts, hope you will be better soon, Smile

Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Deer+VTX+Motorcycle Tire= ................. read thread Empty Deer

Post  mastermechanic Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Man Daniel,
I have to hand it to ya for keeping the bike upright! Glad to hear things are ok.

mastermechanic

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:11 am

ya guys, it was a crazy ride but you know.... I think also that if i would have had a C/T, i wouldnt have did that big sideways slide........ My dunny just performs as a dunny, maybe it would have done better, maybe worse. Either way, i consider myself VERY lucky and i believe i was spared for a reason. Im still setting on ice and will be black and blue for a couple days but hey, ill take that any day over road rash!!!!! thanks for all of your replies!!!

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 am

Glad to hear that you are okay. We have lots of deer around here and I'm always on the look out for them. And you sure are right about how fast life can come at you!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down