Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire

+6
Otis56
twin1300
ttexastim
Tanglefoot
AKACully
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
10 posters

Go down

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire Empty Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Same bike , same rider , same road....

Dag has did more reserach on the Valkyrie than anyone I know his website is filled with information that he shares with the world. Check out both video's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfrFch-VqE <-----Motorcycle Tire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwSSXHanpv0 <---DarkSide
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire Empty Re: Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire

Post  AKACully Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Those are great videos and really show what a CT is doing in the twisties. It looks as if the MT may have a little more contact in a hard lean but on harder 'less sticky' rubber. I'm past the 600 mile mark on mine is loving it more each day.

05 1300S w/Grabber 205/70-15 spokes and tubes
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire Empty Re: Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire

Post  Tanglefoot Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Listen to the power of that Valkyrie when he twists the throttle. Purtiest sound you ever heard. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:30 am

Tanglefoot wrote:Listen to the power of that Valkyrie when he twists the throttle. Purtiest sound you ever heard. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I see in your personalized profile that you have a 2003 Interstate ....Just for the record no such bike was built in 2003 only the Standard was built in 2003 ( last year for the Valkyrie ) and it only came in black. 2001 was the last year for the Interstate.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:36 am

This is a great post! Awesome to see how much more contact is on the straight aways. Looks the same as a MT on the turns. Great comparison videos!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 am

Great vids! Thanks! I love it! Car tire any day and twice on Sunday's for me!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 am

had to share these on the hsn, discussion going now with naysayers

thanks smokinjoe

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 am

Hey Otis ... they must be editing that thread, cuz I was just there, left the link and my .02. I didn't see these links on the thread.

In defense of the naysayers ... I used to think lasagne looked disgusting. Almost to the point of giving me dry heaves just looking at it. One day a friends mom made some for dinner, and since it would've been discourtious to not eat it, I actually tried it. Damn is that stuff good! Laughing
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
Tanglefoot wrote:Listen to the power of that Valkyrie when he twists the throttle. Purtiest sound you ever heard. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I see in your personalized profile that you have a 2003 Interstate ....Just for the record no such bike was built in 2003 only the Standard was built in 2003 ( last year for the Valkyrie ) and it only came in black. 2001 was the last year for the Interstate.

Joe, It is titled 03 cause in louisiana when you rebuild one to their specs they consider it a new bike. hence the 03.
Was it a thermometer on the truck in the other thread?

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Now thats what I'm talking about. Same bike same rider. 2 different set-ups. I know on the OA the trolls still wont like it, but as they say..... the proof is in the pudding!

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Sure is a shame he had to burst into flames. My bad that didn't happen. Good videos. Thanks for posting.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:04 pm

smokey2255 wrote:

Joe, It is titled 03 cause in louisiana when you rebuild one to their specs they consider it a new bike. hence the 03.

See you out there
Smokey

Next time I ride that way I'll stop and take a few more detailed pictures of the ol'truck. Pretty sure its a thermometer and others thought the same thing.
Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire EasterMntRide4-12-09015Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:08 pm

smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Next time I ride that way I'll stop and take a few more detailed pictures of the ol'truck. Pretty sure its a thermometer and others thought the same thing.
Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire EasterMntRide4-12-09015Large

Joe, I have a fith of makers mark that says it is a thermometer ..... Win win ... we get to drink it Very Happy Laughing
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Dag Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 am

Hi, I`m Dag from Norway.
Your f #!*!#g crazy, Car tire on a motorcycle?
That was my words first time i saw a discussion on the VRCC board about this theme a couple of years ago.
--and here I am. I have just tried it a few days, so its too early for me to say if I like it or not.
But nothing negative so far What a Face

Last edited by Dag on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dag
Dag

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-17

http://www.valkyrienorway.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am

Stick around Dag this site has some good folks also. I'm DarkSide on all 3 of my bikes now and I'll NEVER go back to a motorcycle tire.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Welcome Dag! Even if you decide it's not for you, you can stick around here. Some good guys here and we're more about painting a real picture of the darkside, not just the flowery pretty parts (like more mileage, better contact patch, better grip in rain, better looks, and on, and on, and on). Very Happy
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 am

SmokinJoe, It had been wrecked and rebuilt and has a 2003 LSP (La State Police) Vin #. I thought it was an '03 until we had a discussion hereon this site and after a little research found out it is a 1999 and I think it was Red and Black before the rebuild.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:00 am

Welcome Dag! Just hang in there! You are going to love it! Welcome to our site sir!

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Dag Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:31 pm

I made this video today.
I had to test this CT Smile

Dag
Dag

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Dag wrote:I made this video today.
I had to test this CT Smile

Thanks Dag that was cool ....Its appreciated the time you take in doing the research and video's on your web-site...I hope to meet you someday Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dag Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:32 am

Heading Houston TX on Wednesday.
Looking forward to HotGlue BBQ ..... and the Hill Country Ride Very Happy
Dag
Dag

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 am

Dag wrote:Heading Houston TX on Wednesday.
Looking forward to HotGlue BBQ ..... and the Hill Country Ride Very Happy

I just did a BBQ run to Texas over the April Fools weekend ( 2,300 miles ) and The Cheaha Mountain Rally is this coming weekend.I've been to all the Cheaha Rallys since I started ridin the Fat Girl's ( 1998 ) so I can't stop now Smile . Maybe next time if you ever want to come drag the pegs come check out the beautiful Tennessee / Carolina mountains. Some of the best roads in America for the art of motorcycling are right in my back yard.

Picture below is my bike at Hotglues just outside of Houston, Texas

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire Texas-BBQ-BeachRide023Large

Picture below is my bike on US 129 " The Dragon " its 52 miles from my house to Deals Gap, NC....Bring It....LET'S RIDE Very Happy

Check out both videos....Motorcycle Tire / Car Tire Copy2Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum