Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tire front (read intro)

3 posters

Go down

Car tire front (read intro) Empty Car tire front (read intro)

Post  Rotorboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:50 am

I am asking these questions purely as an academic discussion. I have no plans or desires to use a car tire on the front. Again, this is only for academic discussion.

I have read in several places that many antique motorcycles came with car tires on both front and back. I have also read that many WWII motorcycles were like this. I also know that car tires of yesteryear were far different than the ones of today. My questions are; If someone ran a car tire on the front of the average cruiser of today, what size options would there be, if any?, what kind of effect would having a modern CT up front have on the bike?, would it need to be matched bias/bias or radial/radial?, anything else that anyone wants to throw in the mix? I know these can not truly be answered without trying it, and as stated above, I will NOT be trying it. Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Norman

Rotorboy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Car tire front (read intro) Empty Re: Car tire front (read intro)

Post  jedishon Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:44 am

Back then motorcycles were designed for those tires. It's a whole new game now. I would never think of puting a car tire on the front of a modern motorcycle. For a longer lasting tire on the front use a rear motorcycle tire.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 am

Norman,

Giturgun was looking in to this, but as far as I know he did not install yet due to fitting issues.
You can check the topic, just scroll down in the general discussion, topic name 'Front tire search".

Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down