Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)?

3 posters

Go down

Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)? Empty Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)?

Post  Big Blue Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Why don't we put a car tire on the front of a bike? I read so many good things about them on the rear wheel, it seems odd that we don't also put them on the front?

And why does a double dark sider put a rear MC tire on the front? Is there some difference between a rear motorcycle tire and a front tire?

Big Blue

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)? Empty Re: Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)?

Post  Doc Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Double Darkside is the use of a rear motorcycle tire on the front and a car tire on the back. A rear motorcycle tire has deeper tread and more rubber than a front tire, leading to a longer life when used on the front. Also I doubt you could find a car tire narrow enough to fit on the front of most bikes. My VTX C model has a 19" front tire I think the narrowest tire in that size diameter is about 8 inches wide. It would never fit on a 3 inch wide rim. hmmm
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)? Empty Re: Why no car tire on the front, and why a rear tire on the front (two ques)?

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Well glad you asked the question. So here's the skinny.....first of all the reason why we went to the car tire on the rear is the rear MT suck! Front tires usually last a while and we don't fix what's not broke...LOL Secondly, you tend to because of geometry of the bike...it's possible to get on the side wall of the tire. And lastly for bikes like mine...who make a 19" that skinny!!! BWwahahahaha

..........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down