Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanity Ride

+2
cerooth
Badmoon
6 posters

Go down

Sanity Ride Empty Sanity Ride

Post  Badmoon Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello all
Just checking in. I had to go to my moms to go through my dads tools and his shop. The contents of the shop has to be removed before the end of summer. Lots and lots of tools and equipment. Dont get me wrong it is always good to add to my own tool box but dang. It was not an easy job packing up my dads tools and such. So much so that it felt like I was stealing from him. Got 1 trailer load back here at the house and have at least 2 more to bring back. Very hectic and very short on space for all these tools. Another story for another time.

My escape was the Talimena (sp?) Parkway. Mena Arkansas some of yall know has some of the most beautiful riding in US. It was nice and calming to the mind and spirit. Actually I think my dad rode with me. That hole in my heart that appeared when he passed away last July has healed some. That ride sure was therapy to the heart and soul.

I am sorry I did not announce my travel plans but this was one ride I wanted to do alone. Just so you know I will be headed back to Waldron AR in the second week on July. I will post again with my agenda as time draws closer.

If you get the chance to ride this area... GO. It will do you body, mind and soul good.

Peace yall. ride safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Sanity Ride Empty Re: Sanity Ride

Post  cerooth Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 am

Badmoon, I know the feeling. When work/relationships/life gets you to the point you just want to explode, throwing a leg over is the best therapy one can find. My folks never understood why I would want to work 30 miles from home, especially with the gas prices going up, but it helped me out a lot after dealing with a rough day at work. Next week I'll be heading out and similar to you, will be gone for weeks/months at a time before I can hop on my scoot and take a ride. One of the good things is sometime I can just take my bike to these places.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 am

Moon I feel your pain. I had to do the same thing to the tune of a 24 foot and a 14foot rental trucks plus 4 more trailer loads. All the time dealing with the memories and a effed up family. Living 700 miles away I was the only one that would deal with it. That was 11 years ago and I still miss him daily. It took me 10 years to quit picking up the phone to call him.

Riding and fishing are good for the soul. I just wish I could do both at the same time.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 am

Glad the healing process is working.....Anything I can do just give a shout.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 am

Life just sucks from time to time. Things are better for me. Just sometimes things just get overwhelming. The bike has proven to be the best theropy so far. And I wanted to explain where I have been. Im going back to work tonight. Going back out to Thunderhorse for some more tie in work. Prolly be gone about 2 weeks. I will be able to check in on yall from time to time. Looking forward to a chance to meet up with yall.

Ride safe.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 am

be safe Moon and we will see you in two weeks
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 am

Hey Moon,

Glad you are riding sir! Awesome riding country up there and great views. I sure wish you could have went with us in April. Miss ya' dude!

Can't wait to share the wind with you, but we understand why you are riding by yourself. Take care?

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down