Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempting to go darkside. Any help?

3 posters

Go down

Attempting to go darkside. Any help? Empty Attempting to go darkside. Any help?

Post  Kingnothing1186 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:57 am

I've been doing alot of reading and have decided that darkside is the way to go. I have a 04 VTX 1300C. Any recommendations/expectations would be appreciated for getting a CT on (brands, sizes, time, etc.) I am 6' tall so the tire height is not an issue making the bike taller. Curious about the seating of the bead on tires and the issue people have had with tubes (or why people continue to use tubes, I see nothing but trouble with tubes.) I don't have spoke wheels so this isn't a problem, correct? I have a Cobra exhaust on (have seen problems with the exhaust bracket.) I actually bought this bike with a 200 tire on the back if that's any help. Also, I would love if I could find somewhere to take my VTX to have this done (I live in Pittsburgh, near Monroeville.) I still have about 2k to go on my current back tire, but I like to plan ahead. Thanks in advance for the info and help.

Kingnothing1186

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Attempting to go darkside. Any help? Empty Re: Attempting to go darkside. Any help?

Post  jedishon Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:17 am

205/70/15 will fit and seat easily. The only tire I have heard of people having trouble getting the bead to seat is a Falken. Don't remember which model though. Most 205/65/15's will seat but you will need a lot of pressure to do it depending on tire. I have seen as high as 120 lbs.
A small Mom and Pop repair shop would probably mount it for you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Attempting to go darkside. Any help? Empty Re: Attempting to go darkside. Any help?

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 am

Welcome on this forum and I'm sure you're gonna like the darkside for a long long time.
Regarding the tire, all is said in the post above.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingnothing1186 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm going with the 205/70/15. Should I expect this to take more than a day or do you think I could be in and out at a mom and pop shop? Working 7 days a week and trying to schedule things. I'll definitely be sticking on this forum. Only place I've ever seen where a new person asks a question and it gets answered and welcomed. Very welcoming and certainly appreciated.

Kingnothing1186

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:52 am

I'm not within the US, but as far as I know from other members is that almost all so called "Mom and Pop shops"
mount it quick and without problems. Just a few times somebody doesn't want to mount it because, well you know.
Read some more on other post regarding mounting a tire, where you'll find info about pressure, greasing, popping
etc. Keep us posted and a pic will be appreciated !
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down