Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip....

4 posters

Go down

Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip.... Empty Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip....

Post  footprintsinconc Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 pm

today i went on my first darkside trip that had some twisities in it. i am running a general grabber uhp 207/70R15 on my 1300R.

i went from phx to payson and then headed north. i wanted to go towards lake mormon and lake mary, but i missed the turn (the highway is not marked) and ended up in winslow. i then turned back about 40 miles or so and took the turn off towards lake mormon.

it was a 415 mile round trip. the weather was goergous and the ride was beautiful. the CT was amazing! not for once second did i feel like i was on the edge of the tire or anything like it. it felt firm in every turn that i made. all sorts of road imperfections were taken up in the tire.

i went up there with a cold tire pressure of 40psi, but it was like 44psi when i got to lake mary. so i took some air out there and let it go to 39psi. the ride on the way back was even better.

the only thing i have to work out is the wobble at GPS 65mph that i get. now the interesting this was that i would say that i felt the wobble about half the time. it was on and off. i went up to speeds of GPS 89mph and didnt have it. the wobble is a lot let than it was before. so still havent exactly decided on the course of action that i am going to take to try to remidy the problem.

all in all, i am not going back to a MC tire. the CT is the way of my bikes future!
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip.... Empty Re: Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip....

Post  twin1300 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Thnx for the write up! +1

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip.... Empty Re: Darkside confirmed! my 1st darkside trip....

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:34 am

About the wobble ..... first is it balanced? dynabeads?
second, check your shock bushings. Look at the shocks bolts. If they are not centered in hole you need to replace the bushings. This is a common find after darksiding. Car tire must make it more pronounced with the extra feed back.

Thanks for the write up.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Good write up...... Of course Smokey is right.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down