Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list

+6
Otis56
jedishon
twin1300
ttexastim
nodakbassmaster
AKACully
10 posters

Go down

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Empty Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list

Post  AKACully Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:14 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I stayed up after getting off work this am and put my 05 1300S back together again. I'm running a 150 Metz up front and Grabber UHP 205 on the rear. Fit in the rear fender was no problem at all. Initial impressions are very positive. I only put 12.5 miles on today as I really need to get to bed. Ride was very smooth and the dynabeads seem to be doing their job very well. Input for turns and road hazard avoidance seems to be heavier but feels comfortably solid. Yes, I'll take it easy for the first 100 miles to get rid of the mold release.

As previously stated, it's off to bed for me. I'll try to get some photos up on my next break Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to give her a bath.

Bill "AKACully"
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Empty Re: Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:18 pm

cheers congrats! now get some sleep Exclamation
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Empty Re: Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list

Post  ttexastim Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Welcome! You sound like you've got that Christmas morning feeling. Smile

Wait till you ride in the rain. You'll be so impressed!

Post some pics and let us ooh and aah over your work! Smile (But as was stated ... sleep first)
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 am

Congrats and Welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside! Awesome!

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:58 am

welcome to the darkside.......Twin did you send the cookie.....
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AKACully Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Darkside%20Photos%20006
Here is a pic of my Grabber.
AKACully
AKACully

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm

AKACully wrote:Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Darkside%20Photos%20006
Here is a pic of my Grabber.

Very NICE! Looks awesome on there!................................... Very Happy

............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Maiden voyage on the Darkside -- Please add me to the Darkside list Empty Passed the 300 mile mark on my Grabber

Post  AKACully Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 am

I went for a nice long cruise yesterday and must say that I'm really impressed with the Darkside. I haven't had a chance to try handling on wet roads yet due to an extreme lack of rain here in Florida. Yesterdays ride took me out to Cocoa Beach and The Kennedy Space Center. From there I headed South to Rockledge, back up to Titusville an then a straight shot home. Winds were whipping, especially on the high bridges of the the intracoastal waterway. My 1300 handled the wind very well throughout my trip. One noteworthy item is the lack of severe buffeting while being passed by or following an 18-wheeler. I always dreaded being around them as it was very nerve racking. Now, it's a sweet ride despite them. My 1300 is a whole new beast on the darkside and a whole lot more pleasurable to ride. Don't get me wrong, I loved my first 10,000 miles, but really, really love my new ride. Very Happy
AKACully
AKACully

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 am

AKACully wrote:I went for a nice long cruise yesterday and must say that I'm really impressed with the Darkside. I haven't had a chance to try handling on wet roads yet due to an extreme lack of rain here in Florida. Yesterdays ride took me out to Cocoa Beach and The Kennedy Space Center. From there I headed South to Rockledge, back up to Titusville an then a straight shot home. Winds were whipping, especially on the high bridges of the the intracoastal waterway. My 1300 handled the wind very well throughout my trip. One noteworthy item is the lack of severe buffeting while being passed by or following an 18-wheeler. I always dreaded being around them as it was very nerve racking. Now, it's a sweet ride despite them. My 1300 is a whole new beast on the darkside and a whole lot more pleasurable to ride. Don't get me wrong, I loved my first 10,000 miles, but really, really love my new ride. Very Happy

We knew you would enjoy the darkside. That tire is going to impress you every time you ride it and with every new condition you can throw at it. Glad you are loving it!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:15 am

welcome to the d/s,,sweet tire

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  marang Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 am

I really like the edges of that tire, doesn't look as squared off as mine. Might have to do a switch a roo.
marang
marang

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AKACully Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 am

It seems to be the most mentioned tire on this board.
AKACully
AKACully

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 am

marang wrote:I really like the edges of that tire, doesn't look as squared off as mine. Might have to do a switch a roo.

I hope you are kidding ??? Trade a Ultra High Performance Summer tire for one Grand-ma runs on her Buick Sad
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:19 am

Love the new avatar Joe

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalman Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 pm

AKACully wrote:I went for a nice long cruise yesterday and must say that I'm really impressed with the Darkside. I haven't had a chance to try handling on wet roads yet due to an extreme lack of rain here in Florida. Yesterdays ride took me out to Cocoa Beach and The Kennedy Space Center. From there I headed South to Rockledge, back up to Titusville an then a straight shot home. Winds were whipping, especially on the high bridges of the the intracoastal waterway. My 1300 handled the wind very well throughout my trip. One noteworthy item is the lack of severe buffeting while being passed by or following an 18-wheeler. I always dreaded being around them as it was very nerve racking. Now, it's a sweet ride despite them. My 1300 is a whole new beast on the darkside and a whole lot more pleasurable to ride. Don't get me wrong, I loved my first 10,000 miles, but really, really love my new ride. Very Happy

Wait until you get that bike with the CT in some Florida sugar sand. You will really be impressed.

Metalman

Number of posts : 57
Location : Hernando Beach, FL (winter); Rineyville, KY (summer)
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 am

Metalman wrote:

Wait until you get that bike with the CT in some Florida sugar sand. You will really be impressed.

Yep, I hit some sand about an 1" deep at nite in the turn lane where some construction had gone on. I was accelerating hard across 4 lanes of traffic and saw the sand too late and thought well....where am I going to land after this accident...hehehehe Well the only tire that slid was the front and it came back and the rear tracked straight. Love that tire!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dond4605 Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 pm

That tire looks Sweeeeeeeeet. Very Happy Do they make them to fit a 1800 R?

And will it fit on the stock rim?

Last edited by dond4605 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2nd question)
dond4605
dond4605

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down