Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for new tires

2 posters

Go down

Time for new tires Empty Time for new tires

Post  vs800rider Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 pm

I need new tires front and back so I ordered a Dunflop F11 for the front off Ebay for $62.90 and ordered a Nexen SB802 165/80R15 for the back from Wally World for $59.57. Both should be here next week. Wish me luck getting them on since I will be doing this myself. It took 100lbs of air to seat the beads back in June of 2009. Almost 3 years of riding on one back tire. thumbup I just hope they are right about the 165/80 fitting on the VS800. hmmm I'll have to wait to put the Dyna beads in as I don't have any and the closest place to buy them is in Tulsa, 90 miles away. cus Need to add that I will be using veggie oil to help seat the tire beads. Worked like a charm last time.

While I was out looking for tires I happened to mention to the service guy at the Honda dealer in Shawnee, Ok. that I run a car tire on the back of my little VS800 and he repied, "You're braver than I am." He then went on to tell me of a friend of his who had ridden motorcycles almost 200,000 miles and never had a crash. But the week he puts a CT on his Goldwing he crashes it. All I could say was he must have been doing something wrong. ROFL

Last edited by vs800rider on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Time for new tires Empty re time for new tires

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:15 pm

You might go to wallmart and check out the airsoft pellets, I think that is what twin runs. I looked at them and don't know why they wouldn't work.I am going to give them a try on my next tire.I think you have to add them when mounting the tire,they don't look like they would go through the valve stem. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Time for new tires Empty Re: Time for new tires

Post  vs800rider Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm

I'll check them out when I go to pick up the tire. Thanks for the reminder. thumbup

Darn it. The walmart tire only took one day to get here, ordered it yesterday, and I went and picked it up today, but I forgot to checkout the soft pellets. banghd
vs800rider
vs800rider

Back to top Go down

Time for new tires Empty an update on my DS

Post  vs800rider Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:17 pm

I just found the little black book, actually it is blue but black sounds better lol, that had the mileage of my bike when I put the DS tire on. Anyway, back in June of '09 I put a car tire on the back of my bike and the mileage was 54,336 and in late March of this year I replaced that tire with another one of the same type and brand name. The mileage of the bike when the new tire was installed was 83,783. So that means the tire lasted almost 3 yrs (2 yrs and 9 months if my math is correct} and I put 29,447 miles on that DS tire. Not bad for a $60 tire. yeah
vs800rider
vs800rider

Back to top Go down

Time for new tires Empty Re: Time for new tires

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down