Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the first time

4 posters

Go down

for the first time Empty for the first time

Post  smokey2255 Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:27 pm

I made it to 161 miles before going to reserve. As some of you know I have been into the carb several times to lean it out. getting better results all the time. Well, instead of going into the carb this time I went into the exhaust. Pulled the cobra baffles and the muffler cloth I had put in to tone it down. Gassed it up and took off for an evening of crazy antics I like to pull from time to time. I put 185 miles on it lastnight and went to reserve at 161 miles on the tank. Oh yeah it is so loud now. I used to be able to ease through town without rattling windows..... not any more. That open exhaust rocks.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

for the first time Empty Re: for the first time

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:53 pm

This one goes to reserve at 112 to 115 on the super slab and around 122 to 125 backroadin' it. In 1999 I had a big bore kit ( 1834cc ) and Cobra jets put in it and those six carbs will suck the gas Sad Looks like I'm gonna yellow line ...No worries I never yellow line Smile
for the first time ZeePics017
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:39 pm

I get close to the yellow sometimes and I should have NEVER said NEVER. Its like if you blow just one curve it just F's the whole ride up for me anyway Smile Y'all ride safe I just found out one of the owners of the VRCC.... Valkyrie Rider Cruiser Club was ran over today by a car that ran a red-light. He's a good straight up dude and is in ICU right now Sad for the first time IMG_1322
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Thoughts go to your friend and his family. I know what you mean about "F"ing up a whole ride with one awe$hit. The half breed has definately got some $hit in its britches huh.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm not a good enough rider to let messing up a curve ruin my ride.....I mess up curves all the time and still manage to have fun riding.... Keep us informed about your friend.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:42 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Thoughts go to your friend and his family. I know what you mean about "F"ing up a whole ride with one awe$hit. The half breed has definately got some $hit in its britches huh.

See you out there
Smokey
Before I added the trunk and saddlebags I could bark 3 rd with it now it has so much chrome and chit on it ,it would'nt fall out of a tree Smile I've had it to 140 but that was many years ago and folks claim the speed-o is off somewhat on the Valks. I bought this bike in June 1998.
for the first time IMG_1324
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:09 pm

jedishon wrote:I'm not a good enough rider to let messing up a curve ruin my ride.....I mess up curves all the time and still manage to have fun riding.... Keep us informed about your friend.....

Jerry
I've heard it both ways " Joe you are a great rider " and " You're f'ing crazy " . I really don't know myself Smile A friend that rides all the way from Washington state to ride with us on our Fall Color Ride stuck this sticker on my helmet...That may sum it up Smile
for the first time SwingPres002
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
jedishon wrote:I'm not a good enough rider to let messing up a curve ruin my ride.....I mess up curves all the time and still manage to have fun riding.... Keep us informed about your friend.....

Jerry
I've heard it both ways " Joe you are a great rider " and " You're f'ing crazy " . I really don't know myself Smile A friend that rides all the way from Washington state to ride with us on our Fall Color Ride stuck this sticker on my helmet...That may sum it up Smile
for the first time SwingPres002

I have a lot of folks tell me I too have "more balls than brains" I can honestly say I have never had anyone tell me I am a great rider, but far too often folks tell me I am "F"ing crazy. If the shoe fits ........... I will take 2 pairs please Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Hands Larry two pairs of size 12 crazy shoes Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I get close to the yellow sometimes and I should have NEVER said NEVER. Its like if you blow just one curve it just F's the whole ride up for me anyway Smile Y'all ride safe I just found out one of the owners of the VRCC.... Valkyrie Rider Cruiser Club was ran over today by a car that ran a red-light. He's a good straight up dude and is in ICU right now Sad for the first time IMG_1322
Just got a update on Carl ( Willow ) he t-boned a car that ran a redlight.Below is from the VRCC

***ANOTHER WILLOW UPDATE***

Posted By: f6gal
Date: 8/24/2008 at 17:56:42

A little correction to the previous posts... Willow t-boned the red light perpetrator, not the other way around. Our friend was doing about 40 mph and was unable to avoid impact; he struck the passenger door and was thrown over the car, landing on the opposing sidewalk. He sat up for a minute, then just laid back down.

Current situation: Carl is all doped up on Morphine. He is in a pelvic brace contraption and will speak to an orthopedic surgeon in the am. His ribs on the right(?) side are pretty well crushed, but his docs think surgery for his ribs wouldn't be very helpful. The chest tube is still in place. They found a bone spur in his neck, so they've got him in a neck brace until they figure out what's going on there.

Flowers aren't typically allowed in ICU (he'll be there for several days), but you can send cards to Carl at:
Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Carl Holmes (patient) Room: ICU 23
10500 Quivira Road
Overland Park, KS 66215
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:06 pm

I have a lot of folks tell me I too have "more balls than brains" I can honestly say I have never had anyone tell me I am a great rider, but far too often folks tell me I am "F"ing crazy. If the shoe fits ........... I will take 2 pairs please

he does not have more balls than brains, oh but they werent talking literally were they, sorry Ill shut up now. oh but he is "F"ing crazy, ok Im done Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down