Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Darkside

+2
Doc
vtx biker chick
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Going Darkside - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Darkside

Post  Beermand Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Glad you found someone that can help. You will be a Darksider in no time! Yes please be careful until all the mold release is scrubbed off the tires and then just enjoy!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 am

Wow, what a fight getting this tire on. Sounds like labor pain to me Wink
Hope your next post is cheers
Good Luck, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  exlax Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:Wow, what a fight getting this tire on. Sounds like labor pain to me Wink
Hope your next post is cheers
Good Luck, Robert.

the place that mounted mine normally charges 39 per tire for motorcycle tires. They started charging 73 per tire for darkside tires after doing a couple, because they realized it would almost never be so simple as to put 50 psi in and watch the bead pop.
exlax
exlax

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside - Page 2 Empty OMG!!!!

Post  vtx biker chick Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 pm

OMG!!! I thought I was going to have to move south to get my tire on! The rogue biker dude DIT IT!!! I am an Official Darksider! It was 8:30pm before we got the tire all set on the bike...but I just HAD to take her for a ride!!! OMG!!! Sooooo SMOOTH....almost felt like it was floating. Went to a parking lot for a few turns & fast stops to get used to it! Started getting dark, so I went to a gas station & checked the air pressure...all was good. Rode thru our small downtown 2 times & then took it on the Xway for a few miles. Didn't even notice the bumps in the road. Only got 14 miles darkside, but it feels Wonderful!!!! Collin said he left it pumped up over nite & went to work this am....one side beaded fine...but the other....He said I had a 'Real FIGHTER' in that tire!!! But he won. He pumped it back up to 120 & put it in the sun & forgot about it....then saw it & thought he better work on it again & it had popped! He couldn't believe it! Going to ride her back & show them. Gotta say, I still didn't believe that big tire was going to fit under that fender...I just kept saying "I saw the pics of the other bikes"! Will post a pic when I figure out how to do it! It's sooooo cool!!!! thumbup thumbup thumbup
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Congrats! thumbup cheers

Glad you got it on! Beware the first few hundred until the mold release is worn off then have a blast with it! Had a great ride on mine today after a PGR mission and everyone at the mission was asking me about it today they noticed it in the parking lot.
Beermand
Beermand

Back to top Go down

Post  exlax Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 pm

just an fyi since we have the same model bike and tire biker chick, one of my exhaust bracket bolts was rubbing the right sidewall. Take a look before you ride again and make sure yours isnt too close, i had to pull mine out and flip it around backwards to get enough clearance to be comfortable with.
exlax
exlax

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside - Page 2 Empty bolt

Post  vtx biker chick Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 pm

I read your post. You have stock pipes, right?!?! I have V&H...think they mount differently, but will check it for sure! hmmm It looks GOOD! I have Plenty of room! Thanks for the thumbup
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Back to top Go down

Post  exlax Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:48 pm

vtx biker chick wrote:I read your post. You have stock pipes, right?!?! I have V&H...think they mount differently, but will check it for sure! hmmm It looks GOOD! I have Plenty of room! Thanks for the thumbup

yes, i do have "stock" pipes. It probably wouldnt be an issue for anyone normally anyways, just thought id point out that it was for me. Seems my bracket was bent in slightly. the bike has never been down, so all i can figure is my dad must have scrubbed hard on something at some point when he owned it. we bent it out some to get the bracket away from the tire, but the bolt was rubbing, so reversed it and all is well.

Enjoy the tire, mine has been great so far. I started out with no beads, and added them yesterday, and I COULD tell a difference at interstate speeds with the beads. My mold release was gone after 10-15 miles. gonna be leaving around lunchtime tomorrow for the mountains to do some riding over the next few days to test her out. Enjoy.
exlax
exlax

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside - Page 2 Empty My Darkside!!!

Post  vtx biker chick Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Figured out how to get a pic of my Darkside CT as my avatar! THANKS guys! You were a GREAT help! Rode my bike 150 miles today...showed the guy that was able to seat the bead...he couldn't believe it. He checked it all out to make sure there was plenty of room for the tire...He was crawling around on the ground & shaking his head. I LOVE the RIDE! Feeling more comfy in the corners! Did a little more parking lot practice after work tonite. Need to 'test' it in a safe zone! But it sure rides SWEEEET!!!! Got the tire set at 38! Don't know if I want to change...I like it! It really was worth the cus !!!! cheers thumbup yeah bow Thanks for ALL the words of encouragement!!!!
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:02 am

Congrats That tire looks good on there! Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Looks good! Happy for you and glad you liked the ride!
Beermand
Beermand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2