Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride On Tire Sealant

2 posters

Go down

Ride On Tire Sealant Empty Ride On Tire Sealant

Post  BoomerBob Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I know a lot of us use Dyna Beads for balancing but is the "Ride On" tire sealant popular with Darksiders? I've heard good things about it from others and it also does a good job of balancing the tire. Unlike some sealants this stuff just washes off with water so a repair is no big deal.

http://www.ride-on.com/prod_plt.asp

I'm looking forward to the Spring when I will spring to the Darkside. This stuff might just be worth the bucks. As long as a CT tire lasts and the fact the CT has much more surface area on the pavement makes it look like cheap insurance to me.

Your thoughts?

BoomerBob

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Ride On Tire Sealant Empty Re: Ride On Tire Sealant

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:26 am

I may be wrong, but I think I have heard of that stuff causing a bunch of corrosion in the wheels... Question
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BoomerBob Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah. I know the stuff you're talking about. I think it's called "Slime" and it does corrode wheels and also makes a heck of a mess when changing tires. From what I understand about this stuff; it doesn't do that or make a mess. It just clings to the inside of the outer part of the tire.

I've been very lucky about not getting flats on my bikes or my car but with bikes we tend to ride on all parts of the lane; even where road debris accumulates.

Just another option ...

Here's a video.

BoomerBob

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down