Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ?

4 posters

Go down

shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ? Empty shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ?

Post  davidv-soga Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey y'all - been with the DS about 2000-2500 miles or so now and really like it...

Just a quick question about the ride...

My wife and i were riding and we hit a couple of ridges in the road, we were doing about 60-65mph...wasn't a bad ridge, etc for me in the drivers seat, but was pretty back jarring for her.

I have an 03 - 1800VTX-C - stock shocks - with a Mustang seat (passenger and rider).

I've got a 205-16-60R General Altimax...at 40psi ... the stock shocks are on 4

I'm thinking of moving the shocks down to a 2 setting and try the same stretch of road again, see how that affects her ride... and/or maybe letting a bit of air out of the rear tire...

What say you all ? Any experience with stock settings for 2 up riding and air pressure ? I'm about 190lbs, she 140lbs...

Oh and I'd get progressive 440s or the next one down if I had several hundred dollars laying around... just trying to make the poor man's ride softer for his wife and pocketbook ! lol

Any help or advise is appreciated !

davidv-soga

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ? Empty Re: shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ?

Post  wayne Tue May 05, 2009 11:08 pm

I run mine on 3 setting and its not a problem with 2up and I have the 1300

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ? Empty Re: shocks - tire pressure - smoother ride for passenger ?

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 am

try both 3 and 2, go with what feels best.... then try varying the pressure a little to dial it in... if it feels "squishy" you probly have the pressure to low...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed May 06, 2009 6:17 am

setting 3 with 36 psi in the tire

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum