Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat lander headed out west

3 posters

Go down

Flat lander headed out west Empty Flat lander headed out west

Post  DEFREEZER Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

I live in the Memphis TN area and will be riding out west for my vacation on the 21st of this month. cheers I am wondering if i need to rejet the 1300's carb to a smaller jet before i leave to help me in the moutains? planning to tackle most of the great state of Colorado, including climbing Pikes Peak. I have the stock jet with the dynojet needle in it now. I run it alittle rich because my air filter gets a little ram air effect going sometimes and i don't want to be too lean. I know my four wheeler has no power at 10k feet when i go out there hunting so i expect the X to cough and weaze as well. Any thoughts from any high altitude riders?
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Flat lander headed out west Empty Re: Flat lander headed out west

Post  twin1300 Fri May 15, 2009 8:29 am

Not sure...I live below sea level here in LA...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Fri May 15, 2009 8:58 am

Im at 500 ft. and I have been just over 9600 ft. with no problems.
I do carry a extra set of plugs with me, and I keep the rpms up a little higher up there.
So, if it jetted right, you shouldnt have any problems, unless you lug the motor.
Enjoy your trip, and if you get this far out, let us know.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Fri May 15, 2009 10:15 am

thanks for the advice, I was planning to carry the extra plugs and the rpm advice makes sense. I rode part of the Blue ridge parkway in NC last year and noticed that above 4500 i developed a slight pop on decel, went away below 4500. Can't wait to see what happens when i decel at 14k plus! I plan on heading to Or in a couple of years, heard it is awsome! but i will need another week of vacation to make it that far and be able to enjoy the north west area.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down