Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

went to the darkside

4 posters

Go down

went to the darkside Empty went to the darkside

Post  vtxfireman Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 am

Hey all, been nosing around on the site for a couple of weeks now and considering. Went to the shop to get a new metz for the rear of my vtx1800n and the guy tells me 3bills!! well easy choice, lets try so friday night my buddy put a goodride wet traction 205/60/16tire on and saturday my wife and I do a 150 mile poker run well all tell ya cheers cheers cheers OH MY GOD what was I waiting for. A little scared at first way different turning different reaction for every action but within 20 miles fell into a groove and lovin it my wife even likes the ride so much better.
But enough rambling can anyone answer some questions for me

1) does increasing tire pressure make the tire taller and thinner or taller and fatter

2) Is it ever OK to go over the suggested inflation pressure on the side of the tire

Well any help yall can give me would be appreciated
thanks, William

vtxfireman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

went to the darkside Empty Re: went to the darkside

Post  ttexastim Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Welcome!

I'm have no firsthand knowledge on the tire being taller part, but My Kumho was rated for 35 max, and I ran it at 44 for 6 months or so. Once you get used to the tire, and break it in, you can start looking for the sweet spot (the perfect air pressure for you). Most of us just made minor adjustments and noted what we thought was great. I'm running around 37 psi or so now, and like it.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

went to the darkside Empty re went to darkside

Post  Larry Simpson Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Increased pressure will make tire taller ,it will cause you to run more on center tread,less rubber on the ground.RIDE SAFE Larry S. Smile Smile
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:13 am

William,

Welcome to the darkside! As far as air pressure goes...try moving 5psi at a time up or down from what the manufacture recommends for your brand of tire until you find what you like! You sometimes have to match the air pressure with your riding style! I have never had to, I usually run what the manufacture suggests and it's been fine with me! But others don't...so do your home work and let us know what you find!

Two up riding is the bomb on the darkside huh???? My wife love it!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down