Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some opinions needed for the new guy

4 posters

Go down

Some opinions needed for the new guy Empty Some opinions needed for the new guy

Post  DBoyz Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm so new, the tire/rim is not even on the bike yet. I did go with the Goodyear TT 205/60/16. Got it mounted and balanced. Just need to get it back on the scooter. What should I expect, I have been running 200 Metz's but was only getting 6-7k out of them. BTW, my bike is a '06 1800N. I normally ride 2 up and with the hard bags, wife and I we are really pushing the weight limit. One of the opinons needed is what tire pressure is a good starting point? Living in South Florida, the roads are pretty flat, not many twisties here.
Any info is appreciated.

DBoyz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Some opinions needed for the new guy Empty Re: Some opinions needed for the new guy

Post  wayne Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Star at about 40 and go up and down 2or 4 lbs at a time untill you find the press. that works for you.
Im not running that tire and I have the 1300, but that seams to be the norm

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Some opinions needed for the new guy Empty Re: Some opinions needed for the new guy

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am

around 40psig give or take 4 pounds or so seems to be about the norm... like Wayne said, start at forty and if it feels a little squishy, go up, if it's to hard, go down a little!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 am

Welcome aboard. It might feel slippery until you get the mold release wore off. But have fun with it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DBoyz Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks, I quess what I was wondering about is what should I expect how the bike handles with the ct.
I got it back on the bike and boy I thought a 200 mt was a tight fit. I had to persuade it a bunch to get it in there(and yes I did take all the air out of the tire). Waiting on new shocks that are coming today and then I could see for myself how she feels.

DBoyz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down