Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info Needed

+5
jedishon
Larry Simpson
Badmoon
Oldsmobility
Oskie
9 posters

Go down

Info Needed Empty Info Needed

Post  Oskie Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 am

On another MC forum I frequent, there is a discussion going on about DS tires. I have posted the little information I know about the subject, but of course there are people over there who are narrow minded and have no experience with a DS tire that are shoving every word back down my throat. I need (preferably verifiable) info to throw back at them.

Any information on cornering, traction and other subjects on the benefits of going DS that anyone here can supply me with would be great.

Thanks
Oskie
Oskie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Info Needed Empty Re: Info Needed

Post  Oldsmobility Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 am

There's no sense in trying to argue with someone who is willing to debate a topic on which they have no knowledge or experience. Just because a car tire offers greatly improved grip for harder cornering, superior braking and sure footing even on wet pavement, doesn't mean you're going to convince them of anything. Besides, it's alot more fun to just install a car tire and go prove them wrong on some nice twisty roads Very Happy
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 am

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat the crap outta ya with experience.,

Ive been beat up numerous times. I just read them and if I do reply I send them here.

Peace.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Info Needed Empty r info needed

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 am

You can't fix stupid and the ones that are truly interested will eventually get there on their own,treat it like a cartoon and it is actually funny.when you have the experience don't let them cause you to second guess yourself.(that is called baffle them with B******S) when you let them they have won. lol! lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am

Even after putting one on and showing them it works better than their mt they will still argue with you. I gave up talking to them long ago because I hated wasting my time.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Oskie Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Yup, you guys are right.

A comment in the thread over there got under my skin late last night which is what possessed me to post this thread. Went back and re-read it and came to the conclusion it is just someone who likes to talk about things they don't know about.

The guy that started that thread has this in his signature line "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction." and I thought that was a perfect fit for some over there.

Thanks everyone.
Oskie
Oskie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassdude404 Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Oskie wrote:Yup, you guys are right.

A comment in the thread over there got under my skin late last night which is what possessed me to post this thread. Went back and re-read it and came to the conclusion it is just someone who likes to talk about things they don't know about.

The guy that started that thread has this in his signature line "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction." and I thought that was a perfect fit for some over there.

Thanks everyone.

Not sure what kind of bike you have, but the forum you described sounds alot like the VTXOA forum....Full of people that were born knowing everything about everything, and bash the s**t out of anybody that disagrees with them...I hang out at the VTX Cafe most of the time...A million percent more friendly, and no bashing of different ideas...
Bassdude404
Bassdude404

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:15 am

jedishon wrote:Even after putting one on and showing them it works better than their mt they will still argue with you. I gave up talking to them long ago because I hated wasting my time.

Jerry

yup same here. cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheeladdict Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Don't let those guys get to you. I can't stand it when people know more about a subject than anyone else will ever know, when those people don't even have ANY experience with the subject. I just don't talk to people that strike me in that way. I have a little saying I like to live by. Don't TELL me how good you are, or how much you know; SHOW me. I try to steer clear of KNOW IT ALLS. I figure, no matter how much I will ever know, I can always learn something from just about anybody, I just prefer not to learn from the kind of people I don't talk to. This is the only forum I deal with, because I get treated like an equal here and not a subordinate. I don't really ask too many questions, not because I know so much, (because I don't), but because I read through threads and figure out what I need to know. I don't want to bother people with the same questions that have been asked before. I appreciate all the great info on this forum and thank you all for treating me with the same respect you would like to receive. All in all I guess I'm saying PISS on all the naysayers, do what makes you happy. Ride safe all.

2wheeladdict

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Oskie, just stay away from kids forums and you'll be fine Wink
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:32 pm

2wheeladdict wrote:I don't really ask too many questions, not because I know so much, (because I don't), but because I read through threads and figure out what I need to know.

That right there is the key. Just pick through the garbage and glean what you need. This forum is an incredible resource for Darkside riding. I have spent alot of time on another forum, but I find a ceretain kinship with the riders here. Just ignore the idiots, pay attention to the ones who have experience with what you are looking for and enjoy the rest.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down