Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIRE PRESSURE

3 posters

Go down

TIRE PRESSURE Empty TIRE PRESSURE

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 pm

NOTICED A HIGH SPEED WOBBLE AT AROUND 85 T0 90 THE LAST RIDE. CHECKED TIRE PRESSURE ,WAS DOWN TO 26 HAD SET IT AT 36 A WHILE BACK.BIKE RODE AND HANDLED EXCELLENT EXCEPT FOR WOBBLE.RE SET PRESSURE AT 38 ,WOBBLE WAS GONE AT 100 AND BEYOND BUT SURFACE WALK WAS BAD AT LOW SPEED.ENDED UP BACK DOWN AT 30 VIRTUALY NO ROAD WALK AND STILL NO WOBBLE . AM RUNNING GOODYEAR TRIPPLE TREAD 205-60-16 ON THE 05 NOMAD .HAVE REMOVED REAR SEAT SISSY BAR AND REAR FLOOR BOARDS. SADDLE BAGS ARE FULL AND I WEIGH AROUND 160. SEEMS EVERY THING I READ ENDS UP AT DIFFERENT PRESSURES TO WORK KINKS OUT. I DON'T SEE ANY FORMULA FORMING. ANY THOUGHTS? LARRY S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

TIRE PRESSURE Empty Re: TIRE PRESSURE

Post  horseman8m Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:20 pm

NO FORMULA , just each person has to find there own sweet spot and stick with it .
I check my tire pressure every week , just because i am riding a wide tire on a narrow rim and the slow turn creep gets bad at low tire pressure (less then 30psi).
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:47 pm

I check my air pressure before the bike leaves the garage ( every ride ) I like 38 in the Cooper Zeon and 42 in the front Avon ( Valkyrie )
TIRE PRESSURE Zee006
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down