Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire pressure

4 posters

Go down

Tire pressure Empty Tire pressure

Post  dvjoiner Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:52 pm

I have a 1987 Gold wing with a sidecar i mounted a BFGoodrich ta Radial Size 155/80 15 Need to know a good starting pressure

dvjoiner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Tire pressure Empty Re: Tire pressure

Post  CutterDuck Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Is that tire a run flat or not? Most run flats, people start at 30 and raise or lower pressure a couple pounds to their licking. I believe the non run flats, people start at 42 or 44 and adjust pressure to their liking. Not sure how the side car would affect those pressures.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am

I believe the best thing is to put at least 100 miles with some hard cornering, fast and slow, with each increment of 2 lbs. This way,
you experience everything the tire will do at that pressure, and your sweet spot will become more obvious, rather than playing with
the thing for months. I used fillups as my marker, unless she was exhibiting bad behavior; the runs became longer and longer until
I stayed where I was. Each tire different, each rider and bike different, so there is no real formula.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Tire pressure Empty Three Flats on a RF

Post  jembeemer Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 pm

This is my first post. I have a 2007 Goldwing 24,000 miles. Six months ago we installed a Kumho ECSTA RF 195/15/16 . We have almost 4k miles on the tire. In the past 3 months we have had three (3) flats. The tire has been patched each time. During the last tire puncture we rode two up for over 109 miles on approx. 18 psi with no damage to tire. After the last flat we installed approx. 13 ounces of RIDE-ON. The bike rides fine. I was keeping the pressure at 32 psi but just last week changed to 30 psi. It's a softer ride. I would like to post photos of each tire plug but can't figure out how to do it. This summer we plan on riding to Nova Scotia on the tire.

jembeemer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Wow jembeemer. That is alot of flats!! Over a hundred miles with the tire that low, I would consider the RF did it's job and think about getting another one, especially one that had been plugged that many times. That is just me though. Hope you have a great trip.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down