Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wideside is on

+2
wayne
grizak
6 posters

Go down

Wideside is on Empty Wideside is on

Post  grizak Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Got the tire on. I could not get it to mount on my spoked rim. so I bought a 1300c rim and installed it on that. had to inflate it to 80 psi to seat the bead .

Wideside is on 7563ZENOPLUS

ZENO PLUS 205/65 R15 95H
Summer tires
UTQG: 400AA
Speedindex H: the tire's speed capacity is up to 130 mph/210 km/h !

Wideside is on 7563tiress
Left is orgainal Dunlop with 7K. Middle is 165/80r-15 Kumho with 12K. Right is new Strata Zeno plus 205/65r-15

Wideside is on 7563wideside2
I only have 200 miles on it so far. plan on taking it out for a spin tonight. it is smooth as silk on the highway. I love it. cheers

Last edited by grizak on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resizing pics)
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Wideside is on Empty Re: Wideside is on

Post  wayne Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:06 pm

I like the looks of the Zeno.
Who makes it<
Does it have a flat tread patteren, or a rounded one?
Need a bigger picture of it mounted.
Been looking around but cant find one, or any prices, even looked on the net, hopeing you can give me some info. Thanks

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 pm

wayne wrote:I like the looks of the Zeno.
Who makes it<
Does it have a flat tread patteren, or a rounded one?
Need a bigger picture of it mounted.
Been looking around but cant find one, or any prices, even looked on the net, hopeing you can give me some info. Thanks

It is made by Strata. you can find them at www.tires-easy.com the tread pattern seems to be fairly rounded. I am still working on the larger pic.
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:18 pm

I see you have the s Thats what Im going to be putting a tire on. Why couldnt you get It mounted on the spoke rim?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey Griz,

Keep us up to date on the wideside mod? Looks good man!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:29 am

wayne wrote:I see you have the s Thats what I'm going to be putting a tire on. Why couldn't you get It mounted on the spoke rim?
I tried to use the spoke rim I spent one whole day trying different things. but the bead just would not seat. my rim was not sealed. I was trying to use a tube. Maybe the way a tube fills with air just would not push the bead on. There is a interesting story about all this. when I get off work this evening I will go into more detail. What a Face
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:39 pm

grizak wrote:
wayne wrote:I see you have the s Thats what I'm going to be putting a tire on. Why couldn't you get It mounted on the spoke rim?
I tried to use the spoke rim I spent one whole day trying different things. but the bead just would not seat. my rim was not sealed. I was trying to use a tube. Maybe the way a tube fills with air just would not push the bead on. There is a interesting story about all this. when I get off work this evening I will go into more detail. What a Face

Ok where to start? Question The guy I had install my last CT no longer worked at the mom and pop tire shop. and they would not do the CT thing any more. I tryed another place but had problems with them also. I have changed lots of tires myself in the military. so I decided to do it myself. Rolling Eyes
I do not have a tire mechine but I did have a large selection of screwdrivers. Suspect I started puting the tire on the rim. got one side on no problem. got the tube in and started on the other side. got it almost all the way on and tore a gash in the bead with the screwdriver. Mad I thought maybe it would be ok. No So I proceded to lube it up with my on concoction of vegtable oil dish soap and water. witch is very slippery. started inflateing the tire. at about 80 psi one side popped on but the other side would not. so i deflated and reinflated numerous times finnaly at about 110 psi this happened Shocked
Wideside is on 7563blown
Fortunatly I was using a clip on air hose and was over 20ft away.
The rim was bent also. So I ordered another tire and a cast rim. What a Face Just glad Im still alive to tell about it. What a Face it was quite an explosion. cheers
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Take a look back at the origanal post. I resized the pictures. Griz What a Face
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 pm

grizak wrote:
grizak wrote:

Ok where to start? Question The guy I had install my last CT no longer worked at the mom and pop tire shop. and they would not do the CT thing any more. I tryed another place but had problems with them also. I have changed lots of tires myself in the military. so I decided to do it myself. Rolling Eyes
I do not have a tire mechine but I did have a large selection of screwdrivers. Suspect I started puting the tire on the rim. got one side on no problem. got the tube in and started on the other side. got it almost all the way on and tore a gash in the bead with the screwdriver. Mad I thought maybe it would be ok. No So I proceded to lube it up with my on concoction of vegtable oil dish soap and water. witch is very slippery. started inflateing the tire. at about 80 psi one side popped on but the other side would not. so i deflated and reinflated numerous times finnaly at about 110 psi this happened Shocked
Wideside is on 7563blown
Fortunatly I was using a clip on air hose and was over 20ft away.
The rim was bent also. So I ordered another tire and a cast rim. What a Face Just glad Im still alive to tell about it. What a Face it was quite an explosion. cheers

Wow, thats the first one I've seen do that. Glad you are ok.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:53 pm

I believe the tire exploding was due to me damageing the bead. after I got the new rim and tire. I have a neighbor who had a set of these...
Wideside is on 7563spoons1-med
They are not real big. I did not think they would work. but they worked very well without even scuffing the rim. I was impressed. I ordered a set from e-bay $20.
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 am

Agood set of spoons sure makes a big diff.

Was the rim bent because of the screw drivers or the k-boom?
I bent a rim when I hit a peice of fire wood a guy lost out of his pickup.
Wish I would have had a vido of it, I can see the head lines: How to jump a VTX 1300 Shocked
Wife thought I was going down, she was behind me.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 pm

wayne wrote:Agood set of spoons sure makes a big diff.

Was the rim bent because of the screw drivers or the k-boom?
I bent a rim when I hit a peice of fire wood a guy lost out of his pickup.
Wish I would have had a vido of it, I can see the head lines: How to jump a VTX 1300 Shocked
Wife thought I was going down, she was behind me.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The Bent rim was from from the explosion. It blew the rim out almost flat Very Happy
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Wideside is on Empty I'm Having the same problem

Post  silverman1900 Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 am

I 'm having the same problem, I have done almost exactly the same prodcedure as yourself except
blow up the tire. I have put it on and taken it off with no problem, but just can't get it to seal on either side. The max air put in was 80 PSI. Any suggestions

silverman1900

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Wed May 07, 2008 3:12 pm

silverman1900 wrote:I 'm having the same problem, I have done almost exactly the same prodcedure as yourself except
blow up the tire. I have put it on and taken it off with no problem, but just can't get it to seal on either side. The max air put in was 80 PSI. Any suggestions

Do you have the spoke rim? and are you using a tube? if so I would suggest sealing the rim and going tubeless. If you are tubeless already. then It may take more pressure to seat it. After I got my cast rim it still took 80 psi to seat mine. the Kumho that I had on prevously took 110 psi to seat the bead. Good luck... Griz
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Thu May 08, 2008 9:36 am

Can you tell me where ;you got the Zeno??

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Thu May 08, 2008 2:55 pm

wayne wrote:Can you tell me where ;you got the Zeno??
I got it at www.tires-easy.com
but the last time I went to the sight they were not listed any more. I think Discount tire may carry them.
Mine was a Strata Zeno plus 205/65R-15 you might do a Google search and come up with some hits.
Good luck...Griz
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sun May 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Need some help guys, I cant find a Strata Zeno Plus 205/65-15.
If some one can find it let me know of send me the page or post it.
Maybe this isnt the tire to get, since it is the hard one to fine. Mad

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Mon May 12, 2008 9:08 pm

wayne wrote:Need some help guys, I cant find a Strata Zeno Plus 205/65-15.
If some one can find it let me know of send me the page or post it.
Maybe this isnt the tire to get, since it is the hard one to fine. Mad

Hi Wayne Very Happy
try this link
http://www.discount-tires-2go.com/Strata_Tires.cfm

Last edited by grizak on Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Thu May 15, 2008 9:31 am

I may wait for a while I just spent $400 on the bikes and didnt need to.
So Im going to hold off for about a month, but I will get one and put it on the spoke rim. Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed May 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Im haveing 2nd thoughts about useing the Zeno, just to get it on a spoke rim. Very Happy
Im just going to have to think about it for a while, I think the price is right. Most of the directional tires I looked at were $80 to $100. I do like the looks of the Grabber.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Wed May 21, 2008 7:06 pm

wayne wrote:Im haveing 2nd thoughts about useing the Zeno, just to get it on a spoke rim. Very Happy
Im just going to have to think about it for a while, I think the price is right. Most of the directional tires I looked at were $80 to $100. I do like the looks of the Grabber.
no problem. I am really liking mine. it has some awesome grip. keep us posted on, if and when you decide to mount a 205 on a spoke rim. Smile take care.... Griz
grizak
grizak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin_Can_Terminator Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:11 pm

I now have my WIDE SIDE on. Its a Republic Invader Sport. 205/65/15. On a 2005 1300R.

Looks and Rides great. I will post a pic when I can.

TCT
Tin_Can_Terminator
Tin_Can_Terminator

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Tin_Can_Terminator wrote:I now have my WIDE SIDE on. Its a Republic Invader Sport. 205/65/15. On a 2005 1300R.

Looks and Rides great. I will post a pic when I can.

TCT

Thanks for the up date. Start a new thread and tell us what you think of the wide????.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Post the pics there also.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside, Tin_Can........ Cool

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content