Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

michelin primacy alpine

2 posters

Go down

michelin primacy alpine Empty michelin primacy alpine

Post  fourrottendogs Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Just put my Michelin on Saturday did not know what to expect everyone says it feels different what they did not say is it's a good different. The bead seated at only 30 psi running it at 36 now only put 200 miles on it so far and it is really not that different rides a lot smoother . My one friend came and rode it has a cross country to and will be putting one on his bike. I think it's a mental thing if you did not know it is a car tire you would not notice any difference .
fourrottendogs
fourrottendogs

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-24

Back to top Go down

michelin primacy alpine Empty Re: michelin primacy alpine

Post  skullsession Thu May 28, 2015 12:33 pm

If you're running that on a Cross Country, I'd suggest you think about trying it at 28 psi. I've run three different tires on my XC and have worn a little quicker in the middle..less so with each tire as I drop pressure. Last one, I ran at 30 psi and the center wore only about 1/32 more than the sides.

I have a friend with that tire on one of his XC's. He's got 3 of those bikes. Don't get me started as to why. Haha...but...he doesn't have enough miles on it (because he has 3 freaking Cross Countrys) for me to report anything other than what I've seen on 3 different tire I've personally run.

I agree. A lot of it is mental. I fought that for a few thousand miles when I was in curves. But I'm totally over it now. I wouldn't have even dreamed of riding my first darkside at 28 lbs. It just seemed wrong. But now that I'm about 30k miles into darksiding, I'm finding no negative riding characteristics from the lower pressures.

Please report back with mileage. The best I've managed is about 11,500 miles on a darkside tire before I had to change out.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Thu May 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Oh. I really should look at posting dates before I reply.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down