Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelin primacy

2 posters

Go down

Michelin primacy Empty Michelin primacy

Post  Reklein Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 pm

I just received my Michelin primacy alpin pa3 zp 195/55/r16, I am runnintg a Kumho rf . I cannot believe the spread on this tire. It is 8 inches wide on the tread and 8 inches wide on the bead. Can I really put this tire on my goldwing without having any problems as posted in other posts? I don't remember my Kumho rf being this wide, it is 7 inches on the tread mounted. Am I going to have problems mounting this new tire? How about getting it on the bike? I have been on the darkside for over 2 yrs but all I have ever run was the kumho. Make me feel better about this Michelin.
Thanks

Reklein

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Michelin primacy Empty Re: Michelin primacy

Post  Doc Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Fits just fine on my wing...

Michelin primacy IMG_1712
Michelin primacy IMG_1713
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Reklein Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 pm

was your Michelin 8 inches across the tread ? was it still 8 inches after it was mounted ? no problems getting it on the bike ?

Reklein

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Reklein wrote:was your Michelin 8 inches across the tread ? was it still 8 inches after it was mounted ? no problems getting it on the bike ?
I'll go out and lay a tape measure across it tomorrow, but it is a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/r16, and I suspect they are all the same size.
I change tires by lying the bike over on its right side. Here is a video showing how...

Deflate the tire and lay a WalMart bag or wax paper over the frame and it will side right in with no problem.

EDIT: I measured across the tread on my Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/R16 and it is 7 inches across the tread, I also measured a new trike takeoff stock 180/60/16 Bridgestone that I have. It is also 7 inches across the tread. I looked up some references and learned that a 205/55/16 is in fact 8.06 inches across the tread. Are you sure on the size tire you have? A 205 will fit but you have to wire tie some wiring off to the side to prevent rubbing.

Last edited by Doc on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Reklein Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:09 am

Reklein wrote: I just received my Michelin primacy alpin pa3 zp 195/55/r16, I am runnintg a Kumho rf . I cannot believe the spread on this tire. It is 8 inches wide on the tread and 8 inches wide on the bead. Can I really put this tire on my goldwing without having any problems as posted in other posts? I don't remember my Kumho rf being this wide, it is 7 inches on the tread mounted. Am I going to have problems mounting this new tire? How about getting it on the bike? I have been on the darkside for over 2 yrs but all I have ever run was the kumho. Make me feel better about this Michelin.

Thanks
That is the only way I will change a rear tire. So simple and easy, beats messing with the lift.....

Reklein

Back to top Go down

Post  Reklein Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 am

Just rechecked, tire says 195/55/16 87h. 87 I assume means load and speed rating.

Reklein

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down