Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michilin primacy

+2
Doc
smokey2255
6 posters

Go down

Michilin primacy Empty Michilin primacy

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 am

I just put the 4th car tire (last one only has 2k on it) on my wing, up until now I have been installing standard run flat tires on the bike. I have been riding with the flex so long that my riding style seriously reflects it.

That all changed thursday. I installed the Michilin primacy alpin pa3 ZP in 195-55-16.

I have heard nothing but good things on this tire from several different sources. They were ALL absolutely right. This tire rocks. The stiffer sidewall lets the bike just roll into a curve/corner effortlessly. The deep tread pattern shuns water like a rain x windshield at 100 mph.

I sure wish I had tried this tire 40,000 miles ago.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Michilin primacy Empty Re: Michilin primacy

Post  Doc Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 pm

plus1
I've been running that tire since last fall, I just love it.
It has got to be the best of both worlds. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Just mounted up my second Michelin today. I got almost 18k miles on the first one. Sweet riding tire.

I ran this tire at 32 psi all the time, 1 up, 2up or 2 up and towing a trailer. Only about 3k of the miles on this tire were from interstate riding, the rest was in the hills of TN, NC and GA.

Michilin primacy Knoxville-20120414-00044
Michilin primacy Knoxville-20120414-00045

This pic shows where the tire was beginning to cup a bit on the sides.
Michilin primacy Knoxville-20120414-00046

CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Hey, it STILL wasn't dead yet! Put it back on there! onelaf
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:00 am

I like your style Duck, I'll up my pressure in the morning. Start out at 28 psi and warms up to 33 psi at temp. I think a little firming up will do it some good. As is, it is 10 fold over the softwall tires. Nice riding tire.

Tomorrow night I should have a storm riding report on the tire. So far excellent on wet and dry roads. Dont expect any different in the storms.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am

I am going to set the new Michelin at 30 to see if I like the ride and if it will give me a few more miles. Looks as if I was wearing the center faster than the sides but I did like the feel at 32.

You will not be dissappointed in the storm!! I left Knoxville at 7:00 pm to go to Robbinsville, NC a week or so ago during a big rain storm. 2up and pulling a trailer, went across the Dragon because it is the closest route. Tire, even with that many miles on it, never slipped or anything.

If you pull a trailer, know this tire will chew up the stuff on the road and plant it on the front of your trailer!! Mudflap on back helps.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:34 am

LOL! My wife says I change tires too much on the bike! I do replace them when they get to the wear indicators or I know they will be worn down before I can get back home from a road trip.

Yes I could have probably run it a few more thousand but I had the bike in the shop for the brake recal and to replace the brake pads, front tire was toast so I when ahead and had both tires replaced, brake pads replaced and brake recall done while it was at the Honda dealership. The tech that worked on my bike, after he took it for a test ride after the work, said this Michelin was the best riding CT he had ever rode on and he had rode Wings with alot of CT's.

quadancer wrote:Hey, it STILL wasn't dead yet! Put it back on there! onelaf
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Michilin primacy Empty installation

Post  acarter56 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am

I am getting ready to install a 195/55/16 primacy on my 1500 but at first look it doesn't seem to have the clearance betweeen swing arm and shaft drive. Tire isn't mounted yet any secrets

acarter56

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

acarter56 wrote:I am getting ready to install a 195/55/16 primacy on my 1500 but at first look it doesn't seem to have the clearance betweeen swing arm and shaft drive. Tire isn't mounted yet any secrets
It fits without any problems on 1800s, but I believe a 1500 needs a 175 series tire to fit without rubbing. Shrug
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  acarter56 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 pm

I got it on after i mounted it the rim width pulled it into alignment but thx

acarter56

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxcandyred Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 pm

I've got close to twenty thousand on my Dunlop wintersport with no sign of needing changed. WOW. Only two thousand miles. I'd be taking it back.
vtxcandyred
vtxcandyred

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down