Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

+4
jedishon
vtxreaper
kermit
Muntz
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:14 pm

gstanfield wrote:except a broken foot Wink

I went back to work early when I ripped my foot in half and am paying for it every day. The Doc said to give it another month, but I could not afford to stay away from work with $15,000 in medical bills from one stupid stunt gone wrong! My right foot is still alrger than my left and hurts like crazy every single day. Of course the nerve damage is going to be that way regardless, but if I had stayed off it for another month I may be able to fit both feet into the same size boots now No

take it easy pard and heal up COMPLETELY, then enjoy riding without any residual pain.

George

George, I was in the same situation financially. We have no sick leave, I work for a small mom & pop store. If I dont work I dont get paid. So I had to come to work. Doc didnt want me to, and he wanted me to go to therapy. Well I cant go to therapy because they have the same hours as we do at work. So I basicly had to have a heart to heart with the Doc and tell him how what he wanted was "impossible" for me to do. I told him what I "had" to do and told him that I was going to need his help to do it without making things worse. When I broke it down to him that way, that was when I got that 30 layer cast. Especially after I broke the first one on the second day I had it. That 30 layer sucker was like dragging a sack of sand around with me. When they took that off to put my boot on, my knee felt like it jumped up and hit the ceiling when I barely moved it.

Now the pain is not too bad, really it just depends on how much I do on it. I have noticed if I try to pivot on it in the least bit, it lets me know. I am thinking of coming up after work for a little Hot Tub therapy.

I go back to the Doctor on Thrusday, I'm thinking hes going to give the all clear sign. I'm off on Wednesday and may try a little ride, I'll play that by ear.

I have noticed that I still have a limp and my toes point outward, kinda club footed style. I am trying to consciously trying to keep my toes straight when I walk, but sometimes I forget and turn into IGOR. Laughing After 2 months of doing it, its going to be a hard habit to break. scratch
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2