Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

+4
jedishon
vtxreaper
kermit
Muntz
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on. Empty The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

Post  Muntz Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Well the Doc said the boot could come off a little bit each day and gave me this rubber band thingy to do some exercises with. My first steps felt like I was walking on Jello.

Then my wife ratted me out to the Doc and told him I went for a ride on my bike with it. He told her that if I did it again to call him and he'd come over and kick my ass. I told him to kick it right now because I was going for a ride when I got home. He just shook his head and walked out.

Walking up the stairs, comming in to change my clothes, I knew I couldn't hold up the bike without the boot. So I decided not to ride. I'm going to wear the boot to work and take shoe with me until I feel more stable on it. I was out of the boot for about 2 hours for a party tonight. As soon as I came home I had to put it back on and take a vicodin.

I may go for a ride Saturday, even if its with the boot. I just feel more secure and stable in it for now.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on. Empty Re: The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

Post  kermit Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:51 pm

You'll get there. And, really Muntz, your wife is on your side. Really.....er.....really. Laughing
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on. Empty Re: The Boot is off!!! ...... and back on.

Post  vtxreaper Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 am

Take it slow Muntz, we have a long ridding season ahead of us. Get that foot strong. Be carefull with the Vicodin, I had a back problem six years ago, and developed a lets say love affair with the painkillers. Took them for pain and to deal with the pain in the asses in my life!!! Alls good now, but the detox was a bitch..
Doc said even if I have open heart surgery no painkillers for me. The back is fixed, lifes good, lets ride and stay healthy. Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:32 am

Plus those have a way of, lets say, binding your up. Plenty of fiber and fluids my friend. Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:03 am

Muntz, you dont need the drugs....they just make you feel okay, so you go out and do something stupid to mess yourself up worse......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 am

Yeah Muntz YOU don't need the drugs...... so I will send you my addy Very Happy Shocked Actually have been down that road myself a time or 2. Never to the point of needing the detox but I sure had a love affair with them. The problem for me was they make me invincible and mean. Yeah mean, me, go figure. Laughing They do allow you to do stuff that you normally wouldn't do.......because it hurts.....which it goes to reason is not something you should be doing anyway....duh. Enjoy the ride brother.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Don't forget that it does make some people sleepy, but for me they only help dull the pain. It's pretty bad since they don't do much for me anymore, but then again I use to be prescribed them like they were candy.Shocked After having to take them for different issues I just put them on the shelve and take Advil for the pain now.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:18 am

Hay Muntz
I usually have something smart ass to say but today I am going to step away from that.
Dude you don’t have but a few weeks more to go. Do what the doc says and make sure it heals as it should. It sucks I know but when you get old and ugly, in your case uglier. (Ok... Sorry could not help myself, my bad) You will pay for your bad decisions. I am living proof of this. Just stick it out until you are healed up and ready.

I understand that the weather and the bike are calling you. Best thing you can do is put a cover over the bike and make it a little inconvenient to ride it. Or find a way to step away from her temporarily. It sucks to be in this place right now, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You will not regret it when you are healed up.

Stay as far away from them pain killers too. As said above nothing but bad things. I am not going to preach to you here. You know what you gotta do. You are a big boy and can make up you own mind.

I look forward to meeting you and your wife sometime. Maybe then you can show me how to do a wheelie.

Peace Brother.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:51 am

+1000 to what Moon said......play it smart Muntz.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I do have an addictive type of personality. Different addictions run in my family. God has been kind and only addicted me to two things, my wife & chrome. Cool

Sad Sad Sad Sad I wanna ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:40 am

Sad Sad Sad Sad I wanna ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Now you know how I feel ......ALL WINTER LONG....................

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:45 am

It wont be that much longer Bro. Hang in there and do what you need to do. Spend a little more time with the Mrs. Keep on keepin on. It is no big deal. You Can Do It.

Peace.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:44 pm

jedishon wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad I wanna ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you know how I feel ......ALL WINTER LONG....................

Jerry

Poor t-bete Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:17 pm

I had the boot off for 3 hours at my bosses birthday party. I went up and down a few steps at the house and at work.

Now I know why the Doc said "level ground". I've been back in the boot for 2 days now. Today is the first day without pain since over-doing it on my first try. I think I'll keep wearing to work and then once I get home and prop it up for a while, I'll take it off when I'm in the house.

Now I know why my momma called me "ya hard-headed little imp". Finally after all these years I'm beginning to understand her. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Muntz wrote:I had the boot off for 3 hours at my bosses birthday party. I went up and down a few steps at the house and at work.

Now I know why the Doc said "level ground". I've been back in the boot for 2 days now. Today is the first day without pain since over-doing it on my first try. I think I'll keep wearing to work and then once I get home and prop it up for a while, I'll take it off when I'm in the house.

Now I know why my momma called me "ya hard-headed little imp". Finally after all these years I'm beginning to understand her. Laughing

Imp wheelie king....not to bad ...... Momma knew you pretty good.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:27 am

Just like Moon I to want VTX wheelie lessons!!! Now how are we going to go to school without a teacher??? Rest that foot up, the best part of the riding season isn't even here yet!! Get a motorcycle video game and get that foot healthy. Four more easy weeks and school is in session. Get Well, Feel Better, for your wifes sake at least,,,, REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:08 am

Muntz
Glad that you are pain free. Good things there. If it makes ya feel any better I am back offshore. The bike is under a cover and waiting for me to return to share the love.

Happy Easter to all yall.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:08 am

Hope you have a nice Easter out on the rig. I know you will get fed well.

As far as the pain goes, Sometimes its fine, sometimes it hurts. Pain is a realitive thing.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:02 am

Muntz wrote:Hope you have a nice Easter out on the rig. I know you will get fed well.

As far as the pain goes, Sometimes its fine, sometimes it hurts. Pain is a realitive thing.

If the wife leaves him alone and lets him do what HE wants it feels fine, Ishe wahts HER stuff worked on it hurts like hell. Thats as relative as it gets.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
Muntz wrote:Hope you have a nice Easter out on the rig. I know you will get fed well.

If the wife leaves him alone and lets him do what HE wants it feels fine, Ishe wahts HER stuff worked on it hurts like hell. Thats as relative as it gets.

See you out there
Smokey

Oh you think you know me huh? Laughing You got a spycam over here or something???? Laughing
Or maybe I was refering to some of my relatives are a pain. affraid

I gotta remember to look for that nanny-cam when I get home. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Hows things goin for ya Muntz?
Supp?

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 am

Had the boot off all day at work yesterday. I hope not to have to use it today either. I have it with me just incase.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 am

time heals all......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm

except a broken foot Wink

I went back to work early when I ripped my foot in half and am paying for it every day. The Doc said to give it another month, but I could not afford to stay away from work with $15,000 in medical bills from one stupid stunt gone wrong! My right foot is still alrger than my left and hurts like crazy every single day. Of course the nerve damage is going to be that way regardless, but if I had stayed off it for another month I may be able to fit both feet into the same size boots now No

take it easy pard and heal up COMPLETELY, then enjoy riding without any residual pain.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm trying to be good with it. I got the boot on right now. I'm trying to ease myself out like the Doc said. If I try to do too much this ol dog starts barking.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next