Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz

3 posters

Go down

The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz Empty The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:45 am

The sumitomo I put on at 9K was slap wore out. So today she got a new shoe on the back. It is an 07 wing and I stuffed another 205-60-16 under there, I am having all the same breakin issues I had with the last one. On fast acceleration (all of them) I get a hot rubber smell but no indication at all where it is rubbing. I did have a new experience with this one. After the bike laid on her side most of the day while I was getting the new one mounted, it leaked a tad (just enough to smell, never could see it) of gas. Then when I shoved fought cussed and stuffed the new rubber up in her hole it seemed to spin and act freely. Once the bike was uprighted and on initial take off with a slight lean to the left it was like something just grabbed the tire and stopped it. Yup, down we went. SignOops Then at my buddies shop to top off the air in it she did the same thing while creepin in slow with a slight lean tothe left. Yup down we went. SignOops If you haven't dropped one you are not doing it right. King Vader Gaah It has not acted up since with about 80 miles on it but it was an interesting few minutes there. The old tire was replaced at 24,343 so just a bit over 15k out of it. The new one is a NON run flat also, maybe next time I will try the rf's but for now I like the way the run flats feel. To quote another member, it is marshmallow smooth. cheers This tire seems to be just a tad wider than the sumitomo, but it has a hell of a lot sturdier side walls so I dont get near the launch flexiveness (new technical term) I was getting, even at the under pressure I am running to scuff it in it launches hard and straight like it should, the sumi felt like a drag tire rollin up in a flexi ball to add some slingshot effect into the launches.

And for those that are keepin track of the mileage on this machine, when I bought it last august 28th it had 3,034 miles on it so in just a few days over nine months I have put a bit over 21k on it. Not nearly as much as the mistress wants to be ridden but living in central illinois, working 60+ hours a week and competing with the jealous wife Angel scratch she's getting ridden as much as I can get in. Rest assured she general gets ridden hard when we do get out. We have a few areas with some interesting (that translates into challenging, which then translates into could readily eat my lunch) twisties in them and I do like to play on them.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz Empty Re: The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz

Post  jedishon Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 am

I didn't think her hole was big enough for a 215.
One time when I was moving the straps broke and gas leaked out from under the cap.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz Empty Re: The Mistress got a new boot on her fat azz

Post  CaribCruiser Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:02 pm

You sure make use of her. Wish I lived on a bigger (is)land.
Nice word "flexiveness".
Enjoy the new tire.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down