Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaper's fork lights

2 posters

Go down

Reaper's fork lights Empty Reaper's fork lights

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:42 am

Reaper,
Lookin at your scoot it looks like you have some lights on your forks up next to the fender. If so who makes 'em and where did you find them? How much?.... if thats not too personal.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Reaper's fork lights Empty Re: Reaper's fork lights

Post  vtxreaper Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 am

Hey, Muntz,, Glad you are healing up and getting back on the horse that bit ya!!
Those are Kury, large silver bullets, I use them as driving lights.
I drilled out the front fender nuts on each side. There is a set nut mounted on the inside, took out the allen screw drilled out the nuts. The silver bullets have hollow bolts to run the wires through, the bolts go from the inside of the fender out and screw into the lights, ya just have to use a little loctight on the thread and a lock washer to secure it good. There is a lot of vibration down there. Then I ran the wires up the black brake hoses and zip tied with small black zip ties. Then I ran the wires under the tank without taking it off, zip tying as I go, right to the battery, there got some stuff at RadioShack, rocker on/off switch that I mounted on top of the right side cover just under the seat so it isn't visible, and a 15 amp in line fuse straight to the battery. Pretty easy to do and a clean installation. Me personally, I don't like the lights on a light bar, to much of a Harley look!! Good Luck, Ride Safe, If ya have any more questions just post up or call me...Cliff,,,,516-606-0026
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:19 am

REAPS,
Can you post some close up pics? I'd like to see the lights and the rocker switch.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Hey Muntz, got to get batteries for the camera, pouring rain today, I will try to get it done tomorrow, Thursday,,REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:21 pm

:bump:
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Sorry been sooooo busy gettin ready for the move, looking for work upstate, I have made the trip six times in two weeks 170 miles each way.. Just got back and it looks like i have a job with an oil co. 8 miles from the house. Gonna be a all around guy, picking up fuel with the tanker when needed, service tech., and home oil delivery.
This co. just merged with a huge oil co. So they are hiring for all the new growth. Met the vice-president, service manager, and oil delivery route manager. Lookin goooood, Thanks to the Lord. It was gettin close. I missed the Dragon with Mr. Smokin, but should be able to make the next one..
I will get on the pictures tomorrow, wifey is workin, just me and the dogs.. Ride Safe all!!!! REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Congrats Reaps, Only 8 miles. That'll save ya on gas. So after you met everybody do you think you're going to like it there, or is it just another job?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down