Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stratoliner car tire recommendations

2 posters

Go down

Stratoliner car tire recommendations Empty Stratoliner car tire recommendations

Post  Steve-O Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm

This is from the Liner Wiki
http://www.linerwiki.com/index.php?title=DarkSide

215/60/17 Goodyear Tripletread- best long mileage tire in this size for a Liner. Run 32-36# PSI Puts speedo close

215/60/17 General Altimax HP- best performance tire for a Liner in this size (acts most like a MC tire) Run 38-42# PSI Puts speedo close

215/55/17 General Exclaim- best overall handling tire in this size for a Liner. Run 38-40#PSI Close to same height as OEM tire

215/55/17 Goodyear Triple- best long distance tire in this size for a Liner. Run @ 32-36# PSI. Close to same height as OEM tire.

205/55/17 General Exclaim- best overall handling tire in this size for a Liner. Run 37-40# PSI Short tire used in conjunction with O.D. pulley.

My liner tire is soon to be replaced. I had a lot of luck with the General Altimax HP on my Shadow. I think that will be the tire I try on my liner. Hopefully it will last longer than 8k.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Stratoliner car tire recommendations Empty HP

Post  Jammin'John Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm tryin' a General Altimax HP on my Valk.
I usualy run a TT.
I liked the Exclaim UHP that I tried on the Strat.
If I like the Altimax I will try one on the Strat.

JJ
Jammin'John
Jammin'John

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Stratoliner car tire recommendations Empty Re: Stratoliner car tire recommendations

Post  Steve-O Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Have a Michelin Hydroedge 215/60-17 put on this week. The 215 is wide and not sure if there will be clearance. May go to a 205 if the clearance is not right. I have heard that these will bottom out and I really don't want that. But going to try it anyway. Michelin is a great tire, and Hydroedge has a cool tread pattern. We'll see how it goes.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Stratoliner car tire recommendations Empty Re: Stratoliner car tire recommendations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down