Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire recommendations for old Shadow

4 posters

Go down

Tire recommendations for old Shadow Empty Tire recommendations for old Shadow

Post  MattX13 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Loving the General Grabber on my VTX. After riding the Dragon with me, and sliding his rear end around in the rain a little, my dad is ready to try a car tire on his bike. So, anybody got a recommendation for a 1985 Shadow 700? The stock rear is a 140/90-15. There's roughly 1" of clearance on all sides, so the tire has to be pretty close in size to the original.

Thanks

MattX13

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://www.wilkes.net/~ghostdog/tric441a.html

Back to top Go down

Tire recommendations for old Shadow Empty Re: Tire recommendations for old Shadow

Post  ttexastim Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Hopefully someone will chime in soon. I bet the good ol' Kumho 165/80/15 will work. It is a 15 inch rim right? That is where I would start. Great tire too!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Tire recommendations for old Shadow Empty Re: Tire recommendations for old Shadow

Post  Steve-O Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

spokes or cast? the kumho or the federal that otis uses would work just fine. Selection is limited, but you could go wide if you have an inch on both sides. Try the kumho. If you like it, check out the 185 width tires.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:25 pm

MattX13 wrote:Loving the General Grabber on my VTX. After riding the Dragon with me, and sliding his rear end around in the rain a little, my dad is ready to try a car tire on his bike. So, anybody got a recommendation for a 1985 Shadow 700? The stock rear is a 140/90-15. There's roughly 1" of clearance on all sides, so the tire has to be pretty close in size to the original.

Thanks
thats the same exact size tire that came on my 85 1100.the kumho will work just fine.
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down