Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side.

3 posters

Go down

FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side. Empty FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side.

Post  rigrat63 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 am

Finally found someone to change my tire to a CT. Left the bike with him and he did all the work which was nice as I didn't have the time to pull the wheel myself.

I now have a Douglas Xtra Trac II, 205-70r-15 on a 1300S running a tube inside. The tire I got at Walmart for about $70. tax included.
The shop was Franks Trikes (http://www.frankstrikes.com/) and he charged $100 to do all the work. So I'm happy I got it changed and now am on the Dark Side.

The only time it fells a little weird is when I am in a hard turn (lean) and goose it, then it feels like it flexes slightly side ways. So I guess like the Doctor said if it does don't do it.

FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side. Ctmounted-32
FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side. Ctmounted-31

rigrat63

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side. Empty Re: FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side.

Post  jedishon Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 pm

That was the tire I started with. I felt the same way when I first put it on. What I eventually came to believe was that it was the extra traction the tire was getting that made it feel that way. Any way after you get it broke in you wont even notice it anymore. Enjoy the ride.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side. Empty Re: FINALLY! I made it to the Dark Side.

Post  rigrat63 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 pm

I think you are right about the traction part, and I believe I am going to like it. Heck I am already liking the tire.

rigrat63

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 am

I have the same tire and felt the same thing, but that's just the traction flexing the tire from the torques! Just go with it! Now I don't even notice it.

......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rigrat63 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks Bobby, so far I like it. I'm riding at about 35 psi now.

rigrat63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down