Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M50 darkside seating problem

3 posters

Go down

M50 darkside seating problem Empty M50 darkside seating problem

Post  Fudd Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 pm

I mounted a General Altimax HP Car tire on a Suzuki M50 and no matter what I do I can't get it to seat. I have lubercated it on each attempt, inflated it to 80 psi, driven it 50 miles at highway speed and still can't get it to seat.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm thinking this tire just won't work on here. It's a 195/65/R15
Fudd
Fudd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Back to top Go down

M50 darkside seating problem Empty Re: M50 darkside seating problem

Post  hanksta1969 Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

you may have given up or solved the problem by now but the tire will work. i have the same tire mounted on my m50 and i know of one other with the same tire. the trick is dish detergent, lube it up good and put 80 or 90 psi to it and it will go. it took me a couple times to get it.
hanksta1969
hanksta1969

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Did you wash the rim and remove all the old dried soap from the previous tire mountings? Secondly..did you slop the lubrication on like someone else bought it? LOL You have to get obnoxious with the lube. Thirdly, did you set it out in the sun and let the rubber get warm? It just might take above 80 psi to get it to seat but it's very dangerous and should be done with all safety in mind and best done by professionals. If you do try to seat it yourself.....DO HOLD THE AIR CHUCK WITH YOUR HAND! Get a lockable chuck and use quick disconnects to release the pressure once it beads. DO NOT GO TO THE TIRE AND RELEASE THE PRESSURE BY HAND.

............................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down