Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Problem w/ Darkside

5 posters

Go down

Minor Problem w/ Darkside Empty Minor Problem w/ Darkside

Post  whitebassfisher Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm

One problem I did not really consider was that if a car tire you buy at one place and have mounted another place leaks, who is responsible? The guy who mounted it says its the tires fault, not his. The place that sells the tire says it's my fault because it's not meant to be on a motorcycle rim. Actually I think it was the tires fault, because it was fully seated, lost 5 psi per day, but did not leak around valve stem. Food for thought....

whitebassfisher

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Minor Problem w/ Darkside Empty Re: Minor Problem w/ Darkside

Post  twin1300 Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 pm

whitebassfisher wrote:One problem I did not really consider was that if a car tire you buy at one place and have mounted another place leaks, who is responsible? The guy who mounted it says its the tires fault, not his. The place that sells the tire says it's my fault because it's not meant to be on a motorcycle rim. Actually I think it was the tires fault, because it was fully seated, lost 5 psi per day, but did not leak around valve stem. Food for thought....

Wow!!!!! Never heard of this before! Have you put it in a large vessel of water to see where the leak is coming from. This will determine who's fault it is?????

Sounds like you might have to fix it yourself since no one wants to own up to it!

Sorry you are having problems....let us know how it's going?

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Or you could take it back to who ever mounted it for you and tell them you really don't care whos fault it is, I just need it fixed. Sounds like the valve stem or trash under the bead.

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 pm

whitebassfisher wrote:One problem I did not really consider was that if a car tire you buy at one place and have mounted another place leaks, who is responsible? The guy who mounted it says its the tires fault, not his. The place that sells the tire says it's my fault because it's not meant to be on a motorcycle rim. Actually I think it was the tires fault, because it was fully seated, lost 5 psi per day, but did not leak around valve stem. Food for thought....

Bummer. Let us know what the final outcome is.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

papa wrote:Or you could take it back to who ever mounted it for you and tell them you really don't care whos fault it is, I just need it fixed. Sounds like the valve stem or trash under the bead.

You go papa. Get-em. If you want, I will go with ya. Just kidding, hope everything works out.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down