Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'03 roadstar going darkside

4 posters

Go down

'03 roadstar going darkside Empty '03 roadstar going darkside

Post  bubbaq Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey guys Im new to all this and I cant wait to mount my new CT tomorrow. I need to put a new tire on the front of my bike as well and want some advice. I am wondering if I should go with a 130/90-16 rear tire run backwards? or just tick with a normal front. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My CT is a 195/50R16

bubbaq

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

'03 roadstar going darkside Empty Re: '03 roadstar going darkside

Post  Doc Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Welcome bubbaq, Welcome
A lot of guys are doing exactly what you asked about with the Avon Roadrider. Double Darkside is running a rear motorcycle tire on the front with the car tire on the rear. Whether you mount it for backwards or recommended rotation is a question of debate. My personal opinion is to mount it as recommended and it will be just fine. thumbup

I have a VTX C model and the choices for a rear 19" diameter tire for a cruiser are nonexistant. No
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 am

Congrats on your choice to go darkside.....and welcome to the site. Anything we can help you with, just let us know.

**** Remember until you get the mold release off the car tire it can feel a little like it's not sticking very good, so take it easy until you get a couple hundred mile under your belt. PSI makes all the difference in the world also, so don't be afraid to adjust it until you find what fits you.

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  eidolon Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 pm

I have a Michelin Commander 130/90x16 on the front of my 05 HD mounted reversed. I can not tell the difference except it has about twice as much tread depth as a designated front tire. Go to a shop with a tread depth gauge and test the front tires. You will probably find like I did that most start life in the yellow part of the gauge.... time to replace them when they are new Question hmmm
eidolon
eidolon

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbaq Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Mounted the CT today. I like it already. Just got confirmation from bikebandit that the front tire is on the way. I did not realise but the tire that I ordered is a rear, so looks like I will be double darkside by midweek next week.

'03 roadstar going darkside Ce3a6dc5

that tire really hold the little stones.

bubbaq

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down